Saudi Arabia is going insane lately .. Saudi religious police stormed a house in the Saudi Arabian province of al-Jouf, detaining more than 41 guests for “plotting to celebrate Christmas,”

This is happening in the same week of arresting the Saudi novelist and political analyst Turki al-Hamad for criticizing Islam and the royal family in a series of tweets ...yup only tweets .. nothing more nothing less.

Not to forget that Raef Badawi is at risk of execution on apostasy charges. Badawi is co-founder and editor of the Liberal Saudi Network.He was charged with “insulting Islam through electronic channels” and “going beyond the realm of obedience.” then he was charged with "apostasy" which carries the penalty of death.

Its the middle ages all over again .. and what makes me really worried is that Egypt is following the same path.

Apparently we have nothing but to keep writing and exposing such practices to the media worldwide .. help in spreading the word about what's happening in here .. share the story with people you know on social media, talk about it with friends and family members if you can, write to your political representatives or to the Saudi ambassador himself.

It's a shame that such barbaric governments are supported by allegedly sectarian governments that claim to be supporting freedoms  by all the means possible.

Views: 166

Replies to This Discussion

Liberals and Islamists are clashing like crazy goats! = That's what the government wants..

Let these goats clash forever.. It's okay, they will be jailed in the end..

Islamists are mad? Let's jail a liberal activists..
Liberals are mad? Let's jail an Islamist..

That's what the government do.. It's a wicked cycle!

Let them clash for ever as long as they don't talk about poverty, unemployment or corruption..

This is driving me crazy not just freaking me out! Just crazy!

The entire area is being taken over by Islamic extremists, and I don't know where it will end. Russia had a highly repressive government until it ran out of money, but that's not likely to happen in the oil-rich Middle East. And for the people to rise up, risks death.

Which reminds me, Malala, the 15-year old Pakistani girl, who was shot in the head for insisting she attend school, is still recovering in London, but the petition that arose out of that horrible crime is still 112,000 signatures short of the million they're trying to collect, to present to the Pakistani President, to press him to insure Pakistani girls a right to an education.

If anyone hasn't signed it yet, please do so: http://www.avaaz.org/en/malalahopenew/?slideshow

I agree!

Terrible. It seems religion is an afterthought now. Violence for the sake of violence.

RSS

Discussion Forum

'Superman is an Arab'

Started by Hope. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 28. 1 Reply

Cosmos in arabic

Started by M. Last reply by archaeopteryx Apr 16. 5 Replies

they are tracking us

Started by M. Last reply by Warren Mar 30. 14 Replies

Help a first time drinker :D

Started by Dream. Last reply by Mohamed Zaki Feb 28. 37 Replies

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service