The Syro-Aramaic Reading of the Koran:

A Contribution to the Decoding of the Language of the Koran by Christoph Luxenberg

Christoph Luxenberg, an expert in ancient Semitic languages, explores in this book what we can glean of the evolution of the Koran. His book is a an important reference of a critical studies of the Koran. 

This book proves that Koran has  been changed.. In my point of view, I can see how this book explains why many words in the Koran have no meaning,, and the answer is simply because these words are Syriac and not Arabic.

"The Syro-Aramaic Reading of the Quran"

What bothers me is this vedio is those muslims who try to defend the ancient Arabic language of the Koran when they don't even speak Arabic...

Not because you are a Muslim means that you can to defend this ancient Arabic...

Summary of the book,

According to Luxenberg, the Qur'an was not written in classical Arabic but in a mixed Arabic-Syriac language, the traders' language of Mecca and it was based on Christian liturgical texts. When the final text of the Qur'an was codified, those working on it did not understand the original sense and meaning of this hybrid trading language any more, and they forcefully and randomly turned it into classical Arabic. This gave rise to a lot of misinterpretations. Something like this can only have happened if there was a gap in the oral transmission of the Qur'anic text. That idea is in serious disagreement with the views of both traditional Muslims and western scholars of Islam.

More information here> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Syro-Aramaic_Reading_of_the_Koran

You can read this book from here, link

(Thanks to Christoph Luxenberg)

Tags: Critical, Koran, Study, of, the

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

This is great, now I finally know where that phrase "suicide bombers are expecting beautiful women but getting grapes instead" comes from. Which is actually sad :(

Yeah, very sad indeed.

The early Muslims scholars become aware of this issue..

Then they forbade learning Aramaic and Syriac as well as persecution "Saint John of Damascus".

who was very expert in this language.

But every religion goes bad like milk after some time.

I was learning all I can about Sikhism because I liked how humanistic their commandments were, how every day was special to them so they didn't have holidays and how materialistically humble they were.

And then I learned their history, especially the part how their leaders through time became more and more militant and less wise because they wanted to protect their belief against surrounding hinduism. And through time they amounted mass wealth and built huge imposing structures like one of Indian wonders the Golden Temple which is completely unnecessary materialistic structure that screams: "Look what we got. We are better than you!".

Thanks for the information about Sikhism...I didn't know much about this before..

And yeah, as you said, protecting their belief.. It's true.

Unfortunately, all religions followers are protecting their belief in every possible way..
Which is why they can't come out of the dark..
When you tell them the earth is round they say, no it is flat!

On the other hand you see the smarter ones lie to themselves claiming that their holy books have proved that the earth is round...

The problem of early Muslim scholars
They were smart and they used to read Galileo's books...

Attempting to bring Koran and Galileo's books together... LOL :)  

There are much fresher examples of religions going bad than this, but the thing is that sikhizm was created as reaction to instability in the indian subcontinent because of wars between muslim and hindu, you can call them pacifist if you will. So they created a religion that takes best parts of both religions. It was an idea of a wise man, and it's almost amazing how this great idea turned into nothing more than a another militant religion on this subcontinent. Almost like religion is not important, but power and domination.

What bothers me about this is that the same principle goes for the way of life like humanism, scepticism and atheism. You start good but then you go bad. Why? Because you are human being and ideals always loose to family, sometimes you just have to protect your family even if it means interpreting facts in a wrong light.

The only good thing that ever happens in religion is when a group of scholars try to reconciliate  their faith with fact. But now I see that even this can go bad ;)

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service