The Root of All Evil

The Root of All Evil! is retitled The God Delusion, is a television documentary written by Richard Dawkins in which he argues that humanity would be better off without a God.

His sole concession from the producers on the title was the addition of the question mark. Dawkins has stated that the notion of anything being the root of all evil is ridiculous. Dawkins’s book The God Delusion, released in September 2006, goes on to examine the topics raised in the documentary in greater detail.

In his book the God Delusion.. link

Dawkins says, it's the scientist and humanist in him that makes him hostile to religions...

fundamentalist Christianity and Islam come in for the most opprobrium that close people's minds to scientific truth, oppress women and abuse children psychologically with the notion of eternal damnation. While Dawkins can be witty, even confirmed atheists who agree with his advocacy of science and vigorous rationalism may have trouble stomaching some of the rhetoric: the biblical Yahweh is "psychotic," Aquinas's proofs of God's existence are "fatuous" and religion generally is "nonsense." The most effective chapters are those in which Dawkins calms down, for instance, drawing on evolution to disprove the ideas behind intelligent design.

The Root of All Evil Part1-The God Delusion.

Richard Dawkins Talks about the indoctrination of children in religious faith.

The Root of All Evil Part2-The Virus of Faith.

Richard Dawkins discusses the effects of religion on children.

*For more information,

The Root of All Evil

http://richarddawkins.net/

Tags: Dawkins, Richard, book

Views: 13

Replies to This Discussion

Dawkins is absolutely right

Yeah, enjoy watching these videos,

Richard Dawkins talking about Islam,

Richard Dawkins talking about the Bible,

Watched it few months ago and loved it.

I especially love the part (I hope it was in that documentary because at the same time I watched everything he ever made for television because I was interested, not obsessed;)) where he speaks to a Islamic priest (how ever they are called; hope's gonna correct me here) through a translator and the priest has his nose lifted in the air, hands in some sacral position and he speaks how everything will be the way it must be (read, allah is answer to everything; read again, the small group of people are telling you what you should do while being excluded from the thinking, judging, reasoning and decision making).

RSS

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service