Let's make this a place to get to know one another!  

My name's Rachel.  I just turned 24 and I am expecting my first child in February!  I've always been a bit on the creative side, but have never been able to fasten myself down to one particular craft.  Jack of all trades, I guess you could say.  :)  I'm about to celebrate my 2 year anniversary with my love, who has just enlisted in the Army.  

We live down in Georgia - and it is HOT!!!  This summer is a killer.  Oh, not to mention the fact that I live in the bible belt!!!  JOY!  -_-;  

Nice to meet you!

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Amanda. I turned 28 this month and have two preschool age children. These days, I'm a stay-at-home mom and Army wife (have been for 7 years now); with our lifestyle, it's very likely I'll be an extended stay-at-home, which is fine by me. It's allowed me the opportunity to learn new crafts and skills and I'm looking forward to acquiring more as my children get older. We just moved to south eastern Alabama, from west central Texas, and should be here about 2 years.

In terms of crafting, I focus mostly on knitting, sewing, and embroidery. (I'm on Ravelry as well, user name is Wit.) I also love to cook and bake. I'm currently relearning everything I know, because I figured out that I'm gluten-intolerant. It's been about 6 months since I fully removed it from my diet and I've never felt better.

I never know what to write in these things. If there's anything you'd like to know, just ask. :)
Hey Amanda!
I'm on my way to the whole Army wife thing. He's working on his enlistment right now, actually. It's nice having more free time to really hone in on those various skills. Especially because there's no way people like us could settle on one! Alabama eh? Nice to see more of us thriving in the bible belt! About the gluten-intolerance, my best friend just found out after about 2 years of feeling awful of the time that he's gluten and casein intolerant. He's been asking me about cooking for him now, haha. He's only stopped eating the stuff for the last few weeks, but he says he feels better already.

Well anyways glad you're here.
Thanks so much, and yeah, I'm really excited. How many kids do you have? This summer has definitely kept me indoors, you've got that right. I wold give anything to live in an area farther north!

Oh, and Lol @ the womb comment.

Nice to meet you Kim.
Cute stuff, I hear that. I've been going pattern collecting crazy. :)
My name is Sarah. I'm going to be 23 this year and graduated college last summer. A college classmate taught me to crochet during our final semester and that got me hooked (heh.) but it wasn't enough. I found crochet to be far too easy and got very bored, very quick. I am no longer friends with the girl that taught me but I continued on anyways. I decided to teach myself to knit, on my own, with nothing but a book. (Ok, well a kit from Micheals that had 2 sets of needles, step by step instructions on the basics, some easy patterns, and some other kntting notions) After discovering Ravelry and Knittinghelp.com I quickly learned more and more about knitting. I haven't really crocheted in a while as I have discovered I love knitting. Knitting (and crochet) is really the only craft I do right now.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 3 and a half years and I live in Ontario. I have 2 cats and a dog and they are my 'children.'
Hey Sarah! What did you go to college for? Congrats on graduating! Cool that you self-taught yourself knitting. Glad you're here, see you around here or on Rav :P
I went for Early Childhood Education.

I'm a HUGE believer in self teaching. But I think that also includes seeking out others with the knowledge you want to have to teach you. It's all good.

I am the opposite with those two crafts though. I could not get the hang of knitting but as soon as I picked up a crochet kit (much like what you mentioned for knitting) I was a wiz. I made a had, flowers, scarves etc. I'd do more of it by my first crafty love is paper and ink and with 3 kids I don't have time for all the crafty goodness in the world.

I'm Amy. I'm a native Texan, and have just returned to Minnesota. I'm a teacher by trade, but I'm currently job hunting. Just got my masters in Educational Technology. I'll probably spent my winters crafting, and maybe sell some at the local craft show during the summer. I have a 12 year old girl.

Hello! I'm Meg :) I'm 25 and have a 19m old son. My husband and I have been married 3 years at the end of August (:O!! time flies when you're having fun! ) . I've always been artsy fartsy but have found as I've gotten older that I've leaned more to the crafty side of things then anything else. Last year I taught myself to knit! It's pretty awesome. My husband is particularly proud of his out campaign scarf that I made him (if only I'd finished it before spring hit :P )

I really love doing anything craft-tastic!  Hope to meet some new crafters that I can get inspiration from!! Woot!

Oh, yes.. and I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. However, I am American as I was raised in West Virginia :) .

Cheers!

Hey all. I'm new to Think Atheist and joined just because there are other crafty atheists out in the world! I did a google search and found you. I mainly craft in paper form (scrapbooks and card making) but I can also sew and have done some simple crocheting which I enjoyed very much.

I unschool (there is another word that makes people cringe, perhaps even more than the word atheist does!) my 3 kids, age 5-13 so that keeps us all busy. I also garden and raise chickens. I think I would like to cook if my family of picky eaters would appreciate it. It's no fun cooking for 1 and then having to fix 3-4 other meals too.

Looks like this group is pretty quiet. I hope I can find some crafty friendships here that doesn't have any God anywhere in the crafty creation!

Hello!  I'm a Rachel as well!   I have failed utterly at crotchet and knitting, but I have been doing jewelry work and beading since I was teeny, and I have just within last few years taken up sewing.  I actually finished a really great dress tonight that I am very proud of.   I made it entirely without a pattern. I do a lot of fabrication/ design for costumes, and I am very into cosplay/convention gear.   I have also been working a lot with repurposed clothing, like T-shirt weaving, modified shoes and clothes. I also paint and draw, though I don't think that fits under the "craft' category. 

RSS

Discussion Forum

Introduce yourself!

Started by Rachel. Last reply by Rachel Slawson Apr 13, 2013. 12 Replies

This pattern is awesome!

Started by Rachel Aug 7, 2010. 0 Replies

Other crafty places on the web.

Started by Rachel. Last reply by Sarah Phillips Jul 27, 2010. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 6 Comments

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service