(Picture of someone helping a person say in an accident.)

(Helping a blind person across the street)

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

The empathy system as you describe it is built in to our DNA for the most part. There are aberrations of course. Fear of punishment is not the best way to help behavior. This is the province of
religious authoritarianism and ultimately will fail. There are no normal social pressures, only different ones administered by various social agendas.
I like this. It keeps it from mentioning a god and gives Think Atheist a good image publicly.

Always, the danger is being too provocative and then the message becomes obscured by
reactionary anger.

But Good Deeds Make Sense-Think Atheist is acceptable to those who would disagree with it
and bring the point across.

Good work, Michel
That would show the general public that those who think like that are totally delusional.
People really don't understand what atheism is. If they realize that
atheists are humanists or humanitarians, this changes their picture.
Right now, they think atheists are Josef Stalin (who was not a real atheist). I don't think
Ayn Rand was a legitimate atheist either. (She was a cultist and not a freethinker.)

Atheism by definition conjures a negative image by the use of the term non-believer.
I like freethinker better because it has a positive connotation. (If connotation is the right word). As freethinkers, we have to get beyond the provocation and confrontation
to help people understand that we care about humanity, the environment, making the
world a better place by freeing ourselves from the shackles of dogma and moribund
institutions. We can't just be the bad little kids flipping the bird to the authoritarian
parents. Freedom from religion is a positive agenda.

My version. Probably not exactly what you were picturing but i think the brightness and simplicity adds.

Thoughts?
I love it! It's simple without being simplistic, it's tasteful and the idea of people holding hands in support is unique to our vision. Good work!

RSS

Atheist Sites

Discussion Forum

Atheist Family Dinner Billboard

Started by LWatts. Last reply by Redlilly Pond Nov 11, 2013. 23 Replies

Atheist Billboard

Started by jean Rodriguez. Last reply by Jhayes Nov 11, 2013. 3 Replies

Perhaps being settle is a good option

Started by Megan Sasher Mar 24, 2012. 0 Replies

Atheist Billboard Idea

Started by John E Robinson. Last reply by R Allan Worrell Feb 23, 2012. 12 Replies

Billboard - Above us only sky

Started by LSM. Last reply by Becca Aug 29, 2011. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service