For those of us with a Facebook account, there's a new group that just started up, the Southern Skeptical Society. ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=51753147667 )

Tags: belt, bible, facebook, skepticism

Views: 65

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a worthwhile group. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

As both a southerner and, for all intents and purposes, a life-long skeptic I feel a Southern Skeptical Society is most appropriate, especially for the 21st-century.  The "None-of-the-above" non-religious among Americans is at its highest percentage ever and it's way past time we place our opinions, morals and very high standards in the faces of those who think we're immoral, sub-standard American citizens.  The most ethical, moral, non-judgmental and outstanding people I know are those of the skeptical, and non-religious community.

I reside at the heart of Texas doG's country in deepest, darkest Wise County, where the Baptist religion comes in second to football only.  Let's get it on, or perhaps to steal a phrase, "Get er done"!  Whoever "er" is.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Discussion Forum

How many times were you baptized?

Started by JJ. Last reply by Cynthia Armistead Dec 6, 2013. 62 Replies

Blog Posts

Zella Mae Jarrett

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 19, 2014 at 11:35pm 4 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon