Hi, my name is Mehdy, a Moroccan deist from Tangiers. I left Islam like 2 years ago. But nobody knows that I'm a "Mortad".

Until one day, I was talking to one of my friends (who's no more my friend). He noticed that I have anti-islam ideas, and said: "you can't be muslim". So, I didn't find any reason to keep hiding my religious thoughts, and I told him the truth.

And now, I regret that, I feel that I shouldn't tell anything, and that I shouldnt even express my opinion (which is one of the Human Rights)

Many of my classmates make fun of me. I had to fight so many times, but when they are numbrous, I just can't do anything.

I can't talk to the High School director, because he will need my parents' intervention. And if my parents intervain, they'll discover the shocking truth that I am no more muslim. Then I don't know what will happen (which is certainly going to be bad)

Huh !! I don't know what to do, I feel like everything around me is against me. Do I deserve this ?

Tags: atheism, islam, racism, secret

Views: 504

Replies to This Discussion

as a moroccan living in an islamic community , and u already knew the way moroccans look at atheists , then u shouldnt of told people , solution is telling ppl that u are just jocking

Mehdy,

You seem to be quite young, yet you do speak a fine english, quite uncommon in Morocco, I'm too Moroccan, It took me years to leave this religion, I'm 31 now

What I can advise you as regards this issue: attack, don't stay defensive, say first that you are not atheistic, for safety, then tell your attackers that they are Salafis, Wahabbies, or Terrorists, ... instead of attacking you they'll defend themselves, tell them that they are criminals, Bin Laden followers, ...

Good Luck Bro, beslama Mehdy

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.  All I can suggest is that you get as much education as you can and try to emigrate to Canada or Australia.  I can't imagine what it would be like to live amongst so many theists.

Hello Mehdy!

So sorry to hear about your experience as a non religious person. As Heather said, it may be best if you try to move to a more open and secular country.. but in the meantime, you might want to look for other non believers in Morocco and bond with them.. I've done the same and now most of my friends are non believers, and we meet almost regularly.. our numbers seem to be growing in Morocco! Woohoo! :D

RSS

Discussion Forum

Atheists Coming out in Morocco

Started by Ben Moore on Tuesday. 0 Replies

Untitled

Started by sami free. Last reply by sami free Nov 10. 2 Replies

Ramadan

Started by idcollapse Ra. Last reply by Angel ray Jul 19. 18 Replies

Looking for atheists in Tangier/Tetouan

Started by tomek bizzle Oct 21, 2013. 0 Replies

IS THAT FAIR ???

Started by Mehdy Berrada. Last reply by Yukiko Chikara Dec 19, 2012. 4 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 1 Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service