I have seen a lot of horror movies that have nudity in it. Do you think it is that important to have nudity in horror movies? Is it important to the plot? Does it make any difference at all?

Watch some teenagers have sex, watch some boobs, now watch them being massacred by a big fellow with a halloween mask on. I mean, what's the point to all that? More viewers? Perhaps some are not that scared when the guy with the chainsaw comes out of nowhere if there were some boobs flashed right before... :)

What do you think?

Views: 136

Replies to This Discussion

I think it adds a bit of vulnerability to the victims. We spend most of our time clothed, and we only undress when we feel like we're in a safe environment (at least for many in American culture) That vulnerability may be a sign of social norms. I'm not saying that the latest director of the latest slasher film is thinking that, though. I imagine that some of the time it just adds to the feeling that we're seeing something we're not supposed to see.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Mirrors [2008]

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel. Last reply by A Former Member Feb 18, 2011. 4 Replies

Nudity in horror movies

Started by Julien. Last reply by Shawn Close Aug 18, 2013. 2 Replies

Scary movies

Started by Julien. Last reply by A Former Member Dec 13, 2010. 12 Replies

Worst Horror Movie EVER!!!

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel. Last reply by Skycomet the Fallen Angel Apr 6, 2010. 4 Replies

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service