7500 Gamers Sold Their Souls…and Didn’t Realize It
By Godless Girl

I’d like to welcome 7,500 United Kingdom gamers to the fate of the Hell-bound Heathens™. We’re a friendly bunch, and we’re having a BYOB hullabaloo once we reach the specific hell of whichever deity gets to us first.

So, you’re wondering how you were suddenly screwed out of your immortal bliss? Blame GameStation and your own laziness:

GameStation has today revealed that it legally owns the souls of thousands of customers, thanks to a clause it secretly added to the online terms and conditions for the official GameStation website.

The “Immortal Soul Clause” was added as part of an attempt to highlight how few customers read the terms and conditions of an online sale. GameStation claims that 88 percent of customers did not read the clause, which gives legal ownership of the customer’s soul over to the UK-based games retailer.

The remaining 12 percent of customers however did notice the clause and clicked the relevant opt-out box, netting themselves a £5 GBP gift voucher in the process. … more than 7,500 customers fell for the simple ploy and missed out on the gift voucher.

(source)

My joy to be bound in damnation with you is short-lived, however. The executives will be contacting you shortly to issue a nullification. Sigh.

If you still want to come to the party, just become a heathen like us! It’s gonna be kickass.

Tags: GameStation, Sell Your Soul, Video Games, gamers, gaming, soul

Views: 105

Replies to This Discussion

The do worse Michel. They have invented the notion of a "soul" just to make you afraid to ever leave or question them.

This is funny, and I cant help but think to the South Park episode of the Centipad... "WHY WONT IT READ!?"

My thoughts exactly!

RSS

Discussion Forum

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service