Hi, I'm a photographer speciliasing in pet portraits.Well, I normally am, right now I'm on hiatus due to illness, but I'm hoping to get back to work soon.  Any other photographers out there? My web site is http://pawprints.humblehouse.co.uk. Please add you site to this thread or examples of your work so we can share!

Cheers, Kat

Tags: animal, cat, dog, pet, photo, photographer, photography

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

I do commercial product photography in-house for an outdoor retail company.  It's not the most thrilling work, but it's steady income with paid benefits.  Because I'm busy with work, I don't put near enough time and effort into my own portfolio, which currently isn't online.  I might have some suitable images at home.

I've been wanting to do some charity/ volunteer work on the side, but I'll be honest: I've just been really lazy about it.  I was just at a large Photoshop/ Photography conference in Vagas a couple of weeks ago, so I'm feeling a bit more energized and inspired, but I've also been sick ans swamped at the office since I got back.

Sorry to hear about your forced hiatus.  It's good to take a break for work, but preferably for vacation, not illness.  I can see that you have many attractive models in your gallery.  It's hard not to smile when looking at animal portraits.

I could trade a bit of thrill for benefits and a steady income ;). I suppose it's one of those grass is greener type things. Mind you, I loved what I did, even though it didn't pay much, had no benefits and was erratic at best.

So how did you get into product photography then?I love hearing how people ended up where they are.

Thanks for the compliment. It's easy to take nice photos when you have such nice subjects. :)

Kat

Totally. I just got my Nikon D3000 back from my sister. Sadly, she lost the SD card that had all my pictures. After class tomorrow, I'm totally going get another one to start taking pictures again. I usually take nature shots, but I love the soft background effect. I find that it works really well with portraits, so I'll start focusing on those now. I can't wait to share my stuff with you guys :)

RSS

Discussion Forum

Art pieces and stuffs

Started by Mary. Last reply by Mary Nov 19, 2012. 3 Replies

Rational Thinking an artists handicap

Started by Sunil khullar. Last reply by Sunil khullar Sep 22, 2012. 2 Replies

Selling some pieces

Started by baddy Apr 25, 2012. 0 Replies

Why do I write?

Started by Bo Fowler Jan 29, 2012. 0 Replies

Caricatures

Started by Marc Poulin. Last reply by sway austin Jan 4, 2012. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 1 Comment

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 3 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service