Jean Marie Comment by Jean Marie 1 day ago
Delete Comment I know you are new to Think Atheist, i just wanted to make sure you realize, the word "thread" and "discussion" are same things.
I'M PROUD OF YOUR NEW GROUP HERE, ANGELA, and i hope a lot of people see it and learn of your amazing organization!!! KUDOS, Angela!
Jean Marie Comment by Jean Marie 1 day ago

Tags: Dev, Goals, Millennium, maternal, mortality, poverty

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Jean Marie.. for your patience with an "older" convert to technology!

Have had a long break from Think Atheist...sorry folks, not intentional and still an ardent atheist. Saw some recent activity which has brought me back! Been to Africa 3 times this year, Ghana, Sierra Leone and South Africa...nothing I have seen convinces me that there is a god of any sort. My visits now total 23 to 10 countries. Women are dying in huge numbers in countries which are very religious. India and Nigeria account for half of the world's maternal deaths. Apparently it is god or allah's will, even though I point out that women are NOT dying in countries which are becoming less religious! I can see in their eyes that they cannot compute this information! My youngest son aged 37 got married in a totally non-religious ceremony. Bride walked in to Etta James.."At Last!" They had Elbow's record..."It's looking like a beautiful day!" Can't believe I wasted so much of my life and my time on religion...catholicism! HUH!   

RSS

Discussion Forum

550,000 Women die silently every year

Started by Angela Gorman. Last reply by Angela Gorman Aug 30, 2012. 2 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service