I know it's a little wordy, but I would love this quote by NDT to appear on my tombstone:

"I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime."

What do you want on yours?

Views: 599

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here lies a man, a friend, a brother and a father!

I want to be dumped into the sea somewhere, as I also want the raw materials of my body to return to the food cycle with as little waste as possible. An epitaph would therefor not really be to useful, but I guess that if I had one, I would want it to state something poetic.

"Here are buried the remains of a man,
not his heart or soul, but just the can.
Nothing on this earth to hold him in chains,
Of him his footprints are all that remains."

I kinda like it, as it's cheesy just like me.

Imagine my eternal anger if they spell "Atheist" like that...lol

They would need to rework the spelling lol

Dancing strictly prohibited.

"I am closer to the truth than you are!   LOL"

"I told you I was sick."

Quint from "Jaws" had a good one:

Here lies the body of Mary Lee

Died at the age of 103

For 13 years she kept her virginity

Not a bad record for this vicinity

MAY REASON PREVAIL

There are no gods, no devils,
no angels, 
no heaven or hell.

There is only our natural world.

Religion is but myth & superstition
that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.

I don't want an epitaph.  I am hoping that eventually we come up with a real eco-friendly way of recycling human bodies - like a big sewage processing plant where the bodies can ferment in a way that will destroy harmful bacteria and produce a great fertilizing mulch for flower gardens - then I can really end up pushing daisies.

I am hoping that eventually we come up with a real eco-friendly way of recycling human bodies...

Thank goodness for Hollywood. Care for a cracker?

There were parts of the movie that were for shock value mostly. Why they would dump the bodies into what appears to be a settleing tank, but still keep the sheets is unclear, maybe the censures were disturbed? Seems like it would be a lot easier to just grind the bodies up to a fine gel, mix a binder, autoclave, form into squares, then desicate. Yum! LOL

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service