I know it's a little wordy, but I would love this quote by NDT to appear on my tombstone:

"I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime."

What do you want on yours?

Views: 609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A friend of mine wanted to be freeze dried, treated with epoxy as a cast, then mounted on the OSU-Oregon campus mall. Of course there was some expectation of an inappropriate hand sign!

I don't need that much social commentary for my remains, but expect to be cremated. After I am 'dead', it seems rather unimportant as to what is done with the remains, but I would rather not clog any culverts. I think it might be nice, in forsight, to have my ashes spread along the shore of Pyramid Lake Nevada, east side. A very beautiful place to rest among the old fish bones, extinct shells, and tulfa. Maybe even just outside one of the palio-indian rock shelters, taking my place along with the rest of history.

Now months latter, one divorce, one business shutdown, and partial unemployment, I have wondered how much closer is this 'end'?

Sadly now, someone would need to send my ash remains to the indian reservation parks person for the spreading, but I feel it to be premature for such a plan.

A new spring, new flowers, a new love, and a deeper soul, maybe I still have time to get my mortality right? 

I haven't found one better than the old classic: "I expected this, but not so soon."

"Non fui, fui, non sum." I was not, I was, I am not. 

Here I lay in a hole. My next best friend may be a mole.

...and everyone lived happily ever after.

Shorten it, perhaps to "What I dined on is now dining on me."

RSS

Forum

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 34 minutes ago. 3 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 11 hours ago. 15 Replies

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by James Cox 12 hours ago. 40 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service