I know it's a little wordy, but I would love this quote by NDT to appear on my tombstone:

"I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime."

What do you want on yours?

Views: 584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"To be, or not to be, is no longer a valid question."

"th..th..th..that's all folks!"

Floating in a huge vat of formaldehyde with others bound for the dissection table at a medical center research campus would be problematic for an epitath. I will never forget the first time I saw that vat, what a rush.

"Rottin' & Rollin'"

Please stop - I'm tearing up!*:(( crying

"Wake me up in three days"

He had many labels,

Waged against many others,

But he wanted to be only human

You sound like god!

How about, shhhh, I'm digging, I'll send you a postcard from Australia

And a multimedia headstone could play the soundtrack from The Great Escape.  (Which, to remind some people, is the movie about tunneling out of a POW camp.)

I'd just as soon be creamated and scattered, but my husband really wants a stone, and since he'll probably outlive me, we'll probably have some sort of stone.  I want my name, dates and a QR code that would take people to my Website.

My stepson doesn't want people to be sad when they go to the cemetery, so he wants a headstone that can "high five" you. Hopefully I will never have to do it, but I think with a counterbalance, it would work.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Paynton 32 minutes ago. 184 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service