How many of you have ever been scared to death by a how crazy a Christian can be? 

A couple of months ago I was working on doing emails for my internship. It was in the public computer lab area. And... well... let's say I NEVER would have suspected what was going to happen next.

Everything seemed to be going well until I heard a young woman shrieking nearby. I turned around and saw that she was red as a lobster in the face and her eyes were wild while she was shrieking at a young man sitting in front of one of the computers who was looking at her quietly bewildered, shocked, and upset. [It was a one-woman argument... or rather a one-woman screaming fest... O_O]. I had a hard time hearing what she was screaming at him about [she was so hysterical that her words were almost incoherent]... but I did catch a couple of words and the fact that everyone in the computer lab was staring at her. The words I caught were "God" "Jesus" and "How DARE you!" The young man was hard to make out for a different reason... he was so overwhelmed by her reaction that his responses to her shrieks were nearly inaudible mumbles.

Of course... as an atheist when I heard this combination of words... my thoughts were [Oh crap!] I was wishing I could escape... but in order to get to the door... I would have to pass the crazy woman. So... I tried to look as invisible as possible as I leaned my face as close as possible to the screen and became suddenly very interested in my emails. [lol]. 

Despite my attempt to be invisible she must of seen me.... because next thing I knew I jumped about a foot in the air [okay that's an exaggeration... but you get it right?] and my heart nearly stopped when I suddenly heard her start shrieking at me [right next to me... she made my ears ring for a while afterward].

"DID YOU HEAR WHAT HE SAID?!! HE SAID GOD DOESN'T EXIST!! HE'S MAKING FUN OF JESUS AND GOD!! HOW COULD HE DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!!! [BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!! SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK!!]"

Of course, now everyone was staring at us... and I was becoming very agitated, uncomfortable, and embarrassed. It only made it worse that I had no idea who she was... or why she was shrieking about him at me.

Finally I made the mistake of the week. She got me so uncomfortable that I quietly blurted out that "Umm.... maybe you need to work this out with him. I really don't care because I don't believe in God."

She looked like a bomb had gone off in her mind. And then... she started on me.

"WHAAAAAAT?!!! HOWWWW CAN YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GOD?!!! HE SAAAVEED YOU!! [shrieking even louder] YOU KNOW WHY YOU'RE HERE, RIGHT?!! YOU'RE HERE BECAUSE HE PUTTT YOU HERE!!! HE CREATED YOU!! HOW DARE YOU INSULT HIM LIKE THIS!!"

It goes without saying that this was a very strange and unpleasant experience.... and if you ask me... that fishie lady needs SERIOUS psychiatric help!! O_O

Tags: christian, crazy, how dare you, lady, screaming, skycomet, yelling, you know why you're here

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh? I thought you were and it seemed from what was said that you had handled this.  Oh well. :)
Galen, are you one of those people who pretends to be angry for humor? ^_^ lol
You seem very mistaken, Mat.  I am not angry, I simply have no tolerance for bullies.  If you don't think that screaming in someone's face to force your view of things down their throat is an act of bullying, then we simply learned from different dictionaries, my friend :)

Well, Galen, I know you not at all, but I give you exhibit A:

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU STUPID CUNT before I bash your fucking face in!"

If that isn't you being angry, then I am can only assume you are Dr David Banner.

IMO, bullying is sustained abuse from one individual to another (maybe several) individuals over a period of time - I should know, I have been bullied. What you had here was an ignorant, frightened person lashing out about something that had been forced into her over a period of years. By bullies, perhaps...

We have an ex Prime Minister over here, a rather wet and grey individual called John Major - he had an expression: "We should should try to understand less, and condemn more" - a right wing mantra if ever I heard one...

As obnoxious and appalling as her behaviour was, she should be pitied, not threatened with violence.

Hey, it's up to you, this is all about opinions, not right and wrong...

I hope that I didn't piss you off. Sometimes I have a tendency to ... you know... "open mouth - insert foot." lmao ^_^

Nah... actually... weirdly... your the second person in a year to ask if I was a mod. O_o I guess it's just cause I'm addicted to this site? lol

Do people not get it, the fear instilled in people from childhood?

This reaction, whilst hysterical, is pretty understandable when you have built your life around fairy stories.

It shows how powerful religion is, and why it is such a problem.

She needs to be pitied. And there but for the grace of (insert random deity) go any of us...

Agreed.
Amazing what an idea can do to a healthy mind...
Alas... but that's assuming her mind was healthy in the first place... and I'm not sure about that. I have been watching her... and I begin to wonder if she has an unrelated psychiatric problem.
I worked with the chronically mentally ill for 35+ years, I don't remember many that weren't religiously delusional.
Oh... she WAS pulled aside and chastised for her behavior... but I don't think the staff member who pulled her aside was completely aware of what was going on. The staff member was out of the room when it was happening... and she just managed to catch the last of it before she walked in. [BTW... this was at a special school for adults with disabilities... and yes, mental illnesses. However, as a policy there... since the students are being trained to enter the "real world," inappropriate behavior is still considered unacceptable there. [Thus a staff member chastised her for inappropriate and rude conduct].

I am so jealous you got to experience that without me there.  :)  

I would have had a field day with her.  How dare she do that to you.  How dare she disgrace humanity in such a way!  

" Actually lady , God does exist.  But only in your delusional mind.  You didn't know Jesus was actually a homosexual and God crucified him because he had 12 apostles who he was screwing every day!?  That is why Jesus got crucified.  Punishment for his sins.  "

See how she reacted to that. (Or something similar)  

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service