How many of you have ever been scared to death by a how crazy a Christian can be? 

A couple of months ago I was working on doing emails for my internship. It was in the public computer lab area. And... well... let's say I NEVER would have suspected what was going to happen next.

Everything seemed to be going well until I heard a young woman shrieking nearby. I turned around and saw that she was red as a lobster in the face and her eyes were wild while she was shrieking at a young man sitting in front of one of the computers who was looking at her quietly bewildered, shocked, and upset. [It was a one-woman argument... or rather a one-woman screaming fest... O_O]. I had a hard time hearing what she was screaming at him about [she was so hysterical that her words were almost incoherent]... but I did catch a couple of words and the fact that everyone in the computer lab was staring at her. The words I caught were "God" "Jesus" and "How DARE you!" The young man was hard to make out for a different reason... he was so overwhelmed by her reaction that his responses to her shrieks were nearly inaudible mumbles.

Of course... as an atheist when I heard this combination of words... my thoughts were [Oh crap!] I was wishing I could escape... but in order to get to the door... I would have to pass the crazy woman. So... I tried to look as invisible as possible as I leaned my face as close as possible to the screen and became suddenly very interested in my emails. [lol]. 

Despite my attempt to be invisible she must of seen me.... because next thing I knew I jumped about a foot in the air [okay that's an exaggeration... but you get it right?] and my heart nearly stopped when I suddenly heard her start shrieking at me [right next to me... she made my ears ring for a while afterward].

"DID YOU HEAR WHAT HE SAID?!! HE SAID GOD DOESN'T EXIST!! HE'S MAKING FUN OF JESUS AND GOD!! HOW COULD HE DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!!! [BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!! SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK!!]"

Of course, now everyone was staring at us... and I was becoming very agitated, uncomfortable, and embarrassed. It only made it worse that I had no idea who she was... or why she was shrieking about him at me.

Finally I made the mistake of the week. She got me so uncomfortable that I quietly blurted out that "Umm.... maybe you need to work this out with him. I really don't care because I don't believe in God."

She looked like a bomb had gone off in her mind. And then... she started on me.

"WHAAAAAAT?!!! HOWWWW CAN YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GOD?!!! HE SAAAVEED YOU!! [shrieking even louder] YOU KNOW WHY YOU'RE HERE, RIGHT?!! YOU'RE HERE BECAUSE HE PUTTT YOU HERE!!! HE CREATED YOU!! HOW DARE YOU INSULT HIM LIKE THIS!!"

It goes without saying that this was a very strange and unpleasant experience.... and if you ask me... that fishie lady needs SERIOUS psychiatric help!! O_O

Tags: christian, crazy, how dare you, lady, screaming, skycomet, yelling, you know why you're here

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She might have stabbed you.
With what ?  A wafer?
She'd probably attack you, while screaming like a rabid raccoon. lmao
Bring it on I say.  :P

Wow thats something i probably will never see in my country (50% to 59% atheists here)

and besides, religion is a private thing here, something you only see in a church or people do at their own home but never in public.

But i would have zero tolerance with people like that indeed , id tell her im an atheist aswell just to piss her off a bit more and hope she would get a stroke hehe.

She is probably like the woman in this cartoon :)

This is absolutely priceless.  Why?  Because it is a very truthful reflection of how a lot of Christians feel.  

Now in these times NOT mentioning God after an extremely skilled medical team performs a higher than standard operation is synonymous with Persecution.  

Putting up billboards is persecution.  Having a few minutes on a national news station to speak about why it is not persecution is considered persecution.  Basically , anything that does not revolve around accepting a dead man as the saviour of the universe is akin to persecution.  

GAAAH!!! IT EVEN LOOKS LIKE HER!!! [Freaked out] lol
I met a man like that once in London when working night shift. He was near to having convulsions when my friend said that he did not believe in god. He went from calm to crazy in about 2 seconds. We were a bit freaked out for a minute wondering if he would get violent. I pushed him back with the palm of my hand and shouted very loudly at him “In the name of Satan I command you to leave this man.” We went off to the canteen and on the way out my friend told him that we give him back his soul in a few days if he stayed away from us. He did.

On reflection I can see a cruel side to doing such a thing, especially as now I would view the guy as mentally deluded and in need of proper care. However all theists suffer a similar delusion – the intensity is just a matter of degrees. Most are close to the y-axis but some times we encounter the ones who are too far down the line.

roflmao!!

That is HILLARIOUS!! Forget it being cruel! You were protecting yourself! You did say you thought he might get violent. And you found a very amusing way to diffuse a dangerous situation. Sometimes you can't play "Mr. Nice Guy" with the crazies. Don't beat yourself up! You handled that EXCELLENTLY!:D

I certainly can't say I've ever dealt with a situation like that. But I do think you handled it rather well.

I know it will never happen, not in the States anyway, but I think people should be screened in an interview about their fairy tales beliefs before they're allowed to apply for a job!  That would be one way of getting rid of the clergy permanently.  Question:  Do you believe Noah put 2 or 7 (whatever) of each kind of life form on the Arc?  Do you believe god =jesus=ghost spirit ?  Do you believe in transubstantiation; eating JC's flesh and drinking his blood?

Do you believe in holy impregnation?  Do you believe in talking snakes and walking on water?   Blah, blah, blah ?

If you do you are allowed entrance as a patient to the mental ward.  CONGRATULATIONS! 

I would have calmly responded as you did, only if she continued on me I would have wound up laughing at her ridiculousness to her face. I mean really...? If she would have went on, then I would have calmly pointed out the flaws in her argument... lol

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service