Ventura is a paleolibertarian who takes all sort of conspiracy theories seriously and Howard Stern is a shock jock/radio show host/comedian whose politics are not well known. His Presidential web page is here.

One of Ventura's platform planks is scrapping the political party system by outlawing political parties.

Would you vote for them if only to keep a major party candidate out of the White House?

Tags: 2016, Howard, Jesse, President, Stern, Ventura

Views: 655

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would you vote for them if only to keep a major party candidate out of the White House?

The paranoid wrestler and the motormouth jockey? Those idiots? Fuck no. I want government to be accountable, not made into a circus.

Didn't government start out as a circus back in ancient greece. To the public the emeporor was the greatest showman of all, the senate where the clowns and so forth. Not much has changed really just names.

Emperor?  Senate? Greece?  Perhaps you are thinking of Rome.  Or you are thinking of Greece but you are referencing the demagogues.  Admittedly the same point could be made of any state where the people vote.

Kinda got me facts on rome and greece mixed up a bit there, sorry bout that and thanks for pointing it out. 

It is a circus, therefore nothing would change but..

At least you wouldn't have career politicians in charge of the store.

"you wouldn't have career politicians in charge"

I think this is a laudable goal. Politicians whose main job is to get themselves re-elected is a problem. I think the founding fathers imagined a scenario where prominent members of society would give up a few years to serve the public then return to their normal lives. This current revolving door between office-holders and lobbyists could never serve the people's interest.

I wonder how Ventura thinks he's going to outlaw political parties without the help of the political parties themselves?

I wonder how Ventura thinks he's going to outlaw political parties without the help of the political parties themselves?

Or without suspending the Constitution.

I suppose in the same way some people think wrestling is REAL. :D

I think we can do better.

I won't vote for them but I hope they stay in the race. It would make for some great comedy. I would like to see the Tea Party break off from the GOP and become a true third party, which would render both them and the GOP politically useless and impotent. 

Uhm, wasn't the president in Idiocracy a former pro-wrestler?  Would Ventura replace water with Mountain Dew?

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service