Would you eat it? I certainly would. This question is also directed at vegetarians. My personal feelings are that it would be a healthier/safer/more sanitary way to go about meat. What are your thoughts?

Tags: meat, vegetarian

Views: 594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And the

widely held and accepted academic evidence to support your arguments, preferably in a topic specific textbook, are exactly where to be found?
I agree. Most think it unethical like me.
Actually, I haven't met too many vegetarians who act superior. It is the non-vegetarians who try to act superior, in my experience.

Well I try & tease all vegetarians I meet, because as you know that most(almost all) vegetarians in India are vegetarians for religious reasons. And some of them act really funny, like there is a group that won't go into a restaurant if it serves meat. 

I just say how can you eat all the grass & leaves and nothing else. Goats & sheep's eat like that, I'm a carnivore like a tiger :P

Do they eat diary product though?  Like cheese, milk, and yoghurt?  I don't mind cooking for vegetarians who eat these things, but vegans can be a real pain to cook for.
Carnivore like a tiger. You are closer to gorillas or chimps who eat hardly any or no meat.
Very true. They become aggressive at the implication of moral judgement. This has been studied and found to be the case.
I liked the taste of meat before I gave it up. Many give up meat on moral or ethical grounds. You presume too much.

We won't need to... we can just pretend by photoshoping bones out and we can all pretend real meat is not from animals! Hurray ! When this scandal broke about VegNews using real meat in most of their photographs, I nearly had to stop the car and laugh myself to tears on the side of the road. So much for authenticity. Is anything real in our world any more? We're all just figments of some marketing campaign or another!

Sorry! Election time makes me particularly anti-social! The fact that people "expect" promises from politicians simply blows my mind. Media should not be involved in political talk.

Ok I'll shut up now!

My opinion: Best way of reducing our overconsumption of meat is to send 10-12 years old to a tour of the nearest abattoir. :)

By the age of 14 I'd witnessed the butchering of half dozen species for food. It in no way affected my taste for meat. Not the squealing, not the blood, not the "post" wriggles, not the stench. Only three fleshes I have disliked, seal, whale blubber, and octopus. I've tasted more flesh varieties than most people

What disgusts me today... hmmm... my boss' early morning coffee halitosis.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 4 minutes ago. 73 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service