Would you eat it? I certainly would. This question is also directed at vegetarians. My personal feelings are that it would be a healthier/safer/more sanitary way to go about meat. What are your thoughts?

Tags: meat, vegetarian

Views: 620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try substituting meat with legumes a couple times a week. I also used to eat lots of meat because I didn't find any good substitute, but when I started eating beans and lentils on a regular basis I found them to be very good substitutes in every way.
Meat does provide a wide range of amino acids that are not found in single non-animal sources.  Although one can get all the necessary aminos by eating particular varieties of veggies and fruits, it is in fact quite easy to miss out on some necessary aminos if you skip meat and dont' know which plant products to select.  For anyone taking part in very strenuous activities, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that nutritional deficiencies might manifest as fatigue in less than 14 hours.
I think it would depend on the level of activity undertaken and the body type/metabolism of the person.  I know people who seem to be fine working 8 hours without eating but I start to get dizzy and can't continue.  Mostly I need complex carbs to keep going, but a glass of milk or piece of cheese really really makes a big difference, especially when I'm cross country skiing.
Some of the very physically demand task I have done gave me my personal proof to go by. On the days where I did not eat meat I had more difficulty verses the the days with. Also I use to be into to body building getting better results with real meat and not so well with supplements. But that is just me.

Mind you there are plenty of top athletes, especially among tri-athletes, who are vegetarian, who are medallists, who do not suffer "fatigue" and who don't 'always' combine 'as taught' the perfect amino acids.

The evolutionary point here is that for several millions of years humans thrived pretty well, without "fixing" the amino acid ratio more frequently than haphazardly. We need these combinations over the medium to long term, but not on a per meal or daily basis.

Vegetarian or vegan?
Everyones body chemistry of course determines the dependency. I try to get a variety of foods into my diet. Unfortunately fresh produce is pricey where I live (Arizona) and when prepping for for people who tend to be picky in my house doesn't make it easier on this poor boys budget. I respect people choices, I am a full blown omnivore...you don't think I got this figure on carrots sticks alone...I like to eat.
Oatmeal, bananas, apples, beans, carrots, tomatoes, and wheat bread...plus a few other thing I don't recall at the moment.

yeah, I think you needed some rice & maybe one more vegetable in there.

For protein you can eat soya, paneer(indian cottage cheese), tofu or lentils.

Dont mean to hijack the discussion, but I did notice a lot of people are curious about what consists of "vegetarian" food.  To bust a myth, vegetarian does not mean just vegetables.

There are two types of food - staple and non-staple. Meat is a staple food. For vegetarians, rice or wheat consists of the staple food. The vegetables are extra.

Usually my meal consists of sizeable quantities of (dishes made of) rice or wheat, with some gravy made mainly with pulses & vegetables, and a bit of fried or boiled vegetables to go with it. There is rarely ever salad or raw vegetables or anything of the kind, on my plate. The meal is extremely tasty (and not necessarily healthy).

When I tried tasting meat (tried a few different kinds - chicken, mutton, beef), what I found is that meat doesn't even come close to the taste of vegetables. It is perhaps closer to (and better compared with) rice / wheat because it is staple food.

True.

Though I prefer meat over vegetarian food any day, veg food can be satisfying.

How about you guys try something I'm gonna make for brunch today - Aalu ka paratha.

Its pretty simple.

Boil some potato's, peal and mash them.

Add some chopped onions, salt, pepper & other spices to taste and mix with the mashed potato's.

Now knead some dough.

Make 2 small balls of dough & roll them out. Spread your mashed potato mix over one of the rolled out pieces of dough & cover it with the other one.

Cook it in a hot pan. When one side it done, flip it over & apply oil over the side that's cooked(or you can skip this part if you're watching fat & make a aalu ki roti instead).

When the other side is done, flip the paratha & oil again. Flip again after a few seconds.

Your paratha is ready.

Eat with pickle, yogurt, chutney, salsa, ketchup or butter.

Try googling if my instructions are hard to understand. 

You made me hungry man!

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service