Would you eat it? I certainly would. This question is also directed at vegetarians. My personal feelings are that it would be a healthier/safer/more sanitary way to go about meat. What are your thoughts?

Tags: meat, vegetarian

Views: 594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it is anything like this, I don't think I could.  SHMEAT

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/221975/march...

Would eat it for sure! (so long as it was never hooked up to any form of a central nervous system... are we talking about just growing up some muscle tissue?)

If it was grown in ideally sanitary conditions yes. Unless an animal living its life naturally influences taste/nutrition.
Yes, Can I taste test it?
don't real know. I'd try it just for the experience. I do watch the amount of farm raised meats I eat. I don't like the idea of to much steroid chicken or beef in my diet as it is .
Neither of whch are particular problems as long as you clean and cook correctly. The spread of these diseases are more a symptom of our lacking ability of good housekeeping than anything else. But I do agree that the use antibiotics should be regulated much harder, the starting position being no usage.

One-word, two words Soylent Green.

Recycling

i would. provided that it was safe and tested...

I would feel better about eating meat if it was never conscious.

Kevin

What exactly is lab-grown meat? Is it not really meat?

i would eat it

vegitarians should eat it cause it has no conflicts

but would there be ppl that think its wrong to create something that tastes excacly the same as a living thing.

for instance: suppose a part of the poppulation is canibal. and this is seen as a taboo.

would it be wrong to create meat that tastes exacly the same as human flesh in a lab?

would some people have moral problems with that?

Imagine this: If there were canibals in the population, would it be better to insist that they give it up "cold turkey", or to provide a human-flesh-tasting substitute.

Even that, I'd probably try out of curiosity.

Some people may have moral issues with it, but come on: it's not human flesh!

It's like saying there's something morally "wrong" with fake fur...  That's why it's fake! So as not to use real fur.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Kairan Nierde 18 minutes ago. 96 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service