...a couple staffers had been armed?

Tags: control, gun, guns, killings, mass

Views: 8184

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I expect that he is describing the human body as if it were treated as a tooth paste tube, or there abouts. It is not total fragmentation, but liquidfaction. A little like a whole body wet windy,

Again this exceeds my TMI daily limits. I now must purge by watching absurd comedy videos for 37 mins.....

Ahhhhhhhh.... 

I can see an adult, but I can't see every adult. Whereas a firearm equalizes the potential of every adult to be very a very effective killing machine, a knife does not.

.... because psychos never, ever use knives to kill.

Never 26 people in a matter of moments.

Perhaps because they have such easy access to guns?

"Oh yeah. I guess I can't get a gun, so I guess I'll have to give up my idea of killing a bunch of people."

Or I'll likely to be less effective at it.

compared to, say, a knife

You just can't wipe out a classroom so quickly with any other weapon.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/22-children-hurt-...

The Chinese are quick to produce cheap knockoffs, huh?

Most real-life knife attacks are multiple penetrations leaving the person to exsanguinate and providing an impossible problem for an ER doctor. And, jeez, elementary school kids are fish in a barrel. And of course if you really want to kill someone with a knife, you slit their throat, you don't stab them. 

I'm far more interested in the fact that investigators found this kid's room (and yes, he was still a kid) was spic and span. What kid, just out of his teens, keeps his room that way? I've been out of my teens for at least a couple of years now, and I have stacks of things that defy gravity.

What made him so obsessively orderly? Why did he kill his mother first? Where was his father, and what part, if any, did he play in the boy's life? What was going on in his home that converted an innocent child into a ruthless killing machine? Why did his mother have three guns in her home? Would an early intervention into his family life and perhaps even removal from the home, have given him the normal life that every child deserves, and simultaneously saved the lives of 22 more innocent children?

I would need to know a lot more.

His was a family of divorce, so which father are you asking about?

One neighbor interviewed depicted the mother as a woman with overly high standards. Perhaps the boy grew to resent that. I can imagine him saying just before he killed her (which he did in their home) "Mom, I'm going to kill you now, but before I do I want you to know I'm going to that damned school and kill as many of the kids there that I can because you seem to love them more than you love me."

A little actual love might have prevented this situation. We may learn more from his older brother and other relatives.

That would certainly explain his impeccably tidy room. A mother with impossibly high standards can create a child with an extremely poor self-concept, believing he can never live up to his mother's expectations, which of course, he can't, as the moment he reaches the bar, she raises it, giving her the feeling of superiority that her own poor self-concept requires - much like holding a dog bone just out of a dog's reach. That kind of resultant frustration can lead to an explosion, which in this case, it did.

He needed someone in authority to talk to, to tell what was going on in his life, and there was no one available - this tragedy is the result. We rail on about bullies in school, yet everyone turns a blind eye to bullies in the home, seemingly believing, for some strange reason, that parents should automatically know how to raise children.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 11 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service