...a couple staffers had been armed?

Tags: control, gun, guns, killings, mass

Views: 8604

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Or I'll likely to be less effective at it.

compared to, say, a knife

You just can't wipe out a classroom so quickly with any other weapon.

The Chinese are quick to produce cheap knockoffs, huh?

Most real-life knife attacks are multiple penetrations leaving the person to exsanguinate and providing an impossible problem for an ER doctor. And, jeez, elementary school kids are fish in a barrel. And of course if you really want to kill someone with a knife, you slit their throat, you don't stab them. 

I'm far more interested in the fact that investigators found this kid's room (and yes, he was still a kid) was spic and span. What kid, just out of his teens, keeps his room that way? I've been out of my teens for at least a couple of years now, and I have stacks of things that defy gravity.

What made him so obsessively orderly? Why did he kill his mother first? Where was his father, and what part, if any, did he play in the boy's life? What was going on in his home that converted an innocent child into a ruthless killing machine? Why did his mother have three guns in her home? Would an early intervention into his family life and perhaps even removal from the home, have given him the normal life that every child deserves, and simultaneously saved the lives of 22 more innocent children?

I would need to know a lot more.

His was a family of divorce, so which father are you asking about?

One neighbor interviewed depicted the mother as a woman with overly high standards. Perhaps the boy grew to resent that. I can imagine him saying just before he killed her (which he did in their home) "Mom, I'm going to kill you now, but before I do I want you to know I'm going to that damned school and kill as many of the kids there that I can because you seem to love them more than you love me."

A little actual love might have prevented this situation. We may learn more from his older brother and other relatives.

That would certainly explain his impeccably tidy room. A mother with impossibly high standards can create a child with an extremely poor self-concept, believing he can never live up to his mother's expectations, which of course, he can't, as the moment he reaches the bar, she raises it, giving her the feeling of superiority that her own poor self-concept requires - much like holding a dog bone just out of a dog's reach. That kind of resultant frustration can lead to an explosion, which in this case, it did.

He needed someone in authority to talk to, to tell what was going on in his life, and there was no one available - this tragedy is the result. We rail on about bullies in school, yet everyone turns a blind eye to bullies in the home, seemingly believing, for some strange reason, that parents should automatically know how to raise children.

Former Arkansas governor and GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee attributed today’s deadly massacre in an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut to the lack of God and religion in public schools.

Addressing the tragedy on Fox News, Huckabee dismissed calls for stricter gun control and claimed that future violence can be prevented by solving matters of “the heart” and turning to God:

HUCKABEE: Ultimately, you can take away every gun in America and somebody will use a bomb. When somebody has an intent to do incredible damage, they’re going to find a way to do it… People will want to pass new laws, but unless you change people’s hearts, they’re our transition to the pastor side. This is a heart issue, it’s not something, laws don’t change this kind of thing.

NEIL CAVUTO (HOST): You know, inevitably people ask after tragedies like this, how could God let this happen?

HUCKABEE: Well, you know, it’s an interesting thing. We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we’ve systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage because we’ve made it a palce where we don’t want to talk about eternity, life, what responsibility means, accountability? That we’re not just going to have to be accountable to the police, if they catch us. But one day, we will stand before a Holy God in judgment. If we don’t believe that, then we don’t fear that.

Huckabee is your stereotypical fundamentalist idiot....

That's my point, Ed - notice how quickly these Bible-thumpers were to use the deaths of those sweet, innocent children to promote their agenda. I would love to see the uproar at a football game if a Hindu got up and offered a prayer to Vishnu. He means he wants prayer to HIS god and to hell with anyone else's fairy tale.

Oh, and your phrase, "fundamentalist idiot" is redundant - then again, maybe not, while all fundamentalists are undeniably idiots, not all idiots are fundamentalists --

I gotta say, you looked better with a beard.

Though he's wrong to entangle religion with it, he does have a point.

As long as there are people this disturbed there will be senseless violence, and it wouldn't matter if you could magically make every gun in the world disappear.

So, are there that many more disturbed people in the United States? If so, what's the cause? Can't it just be that we're more violent as a people?

If so, what's the cause?

That question will probably never be answered. Not as long as people whine about banning guns and whatnot, and ignore the real issue. Where there is a will, there is a way. You wanna kill someone, you gonna kill em. Doesn't matter how. If you can't find a gun to infiltrate a school and kill people, you'll find a way to do it with a fucking slingshot and a dildo. Humans are creative when it comes to harming each other. It's beyond fucking naive to think that banning anything is going to stop people.

What about the actual cause though? What pissed this guy off so much he killed his own mom and a bunch of kids? No, it's not the violent video games. It's the fucking system that breeds these people.

Humanity is dim, uncomprehending and docile, thus easy to control. Every now and then though freaks of nature will wake up from the matrix and snap. Granted their anger could be directed towards something more useful, like killing people we all hate (people who drive slow, cops, the phelps family). But I don't think they're any more disturbed than a pissed off bull in a bullfighting ring. They get sprayed in the face beforehand with pepperspray, and stabbed in the back. They get mocked and tortured for the amusement of a bunch of retards. But just sometimes they manage to get a clear shot. And when they do, they don't hesitate to use their horns to rip a couple of new assholes into the first person they see.

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service