...a couple staffers had been armed?

Tags: control, gun, guns, killings, mass

Views: 8173

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

we don't need to turn schools into the OK Corral.

At least no one would be targeting the students.

I just check every gun store in my area population 300,000 not an AR-15 to be found, the shelves they be empty.

Perhaps not so coincidentally, this is going on right now in my city, Rochester, NY

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/interactive/article/20121224/NE...

Two firefighters shot and killed when reporting to a fire this morning.

"The only thing that stops a bad fire victim with a gun, is a good fireman with a gun"

Yea I read this on CNN. There was a good comment saying If Americans put as much effort into education as they do into guns they would be intellectually unstoppable. It's baffling to the rest of the world. 

Sadly, the 'big picture' might be un-available to some of us.

So true.

But you can't shoot someone with a higher education! (Er, I mean you can't shoot someone using a higher education as a weapon.)

Sadly, in my experience, within every science nerd there might reside a pyro wanting to get out. Happily, most of them out grow that propensity by the time they reach 18. One thing that I thought should be mandatory for science majors is philosophy and/or ethics classes. Sadly, they might rather experiment, before they realize how 'a little knowledge' can be a dangerous thing.

I think one saving point for our culture is that thugs do not always make good science nerds. I expect mixing science and crime, could be(or is) a growth industry.

Practical military types, often times see science as a wonderful source of 'what if' sources of 'enemy' body count improvement. I expect that being deeply engaged in the creation of weapons and the tools of the trade, is about as much fun as science projects.

After watching a few military trade show videos, I expect fireing a 3000 round/min gatteling gun, is atleast as much fun as hang gliding or sex. Demolishing a junk car from 2000 ft away, hanging from a helicopter, while in flight, must be a rush.  

Not sure if this has anything to do with school shootings other than to remind us that in some situations people are even more exposed to nuts with guns than school children.

Availability of guns is directly related to school shootings and nuts having guns.

RSS

Forum

FROM THE WORD OF GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk. Last reply by Stephen Gunn 47 minutes ago. 10 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Emperor Milos 1 hour ago. 77 Replies

Lobby

Started by Glen L in Small Talk. Last reply by captain kingsway 5 hours ago. 8 Replies

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp 15 hours ago. 13 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 19 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service