...a couple staffers had been armed?

Views: 9572

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Texas is considering this idea for some rural schools because police response times are much longer. Teachers would receive a small bump in pay to get trained and certified in shooting and gun safety, keep a weapon secure but available, and be prepared to use it in the case of an incident. I don't remember if the Guardian Plan as they call it includes psychological testing, but of course it should. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/stop-school-shootings-by-letti...

RE: "I don't remember if the Guardian Plan as they call it includes psychological testing, but of course it should" - in Texas, Henry, psychological testing should also be a requirement to run for public office, but sadly it isn't. If it were, what would Rick Perry do for a living?

However, it IS a requirement in the State Constitution, that no atheist may run for public office!

"Insanity is believing your hallucinations are real.
Religion is believing that other peoples' hallucinations are real."
-- Dan Barker --

They should consider psychological testing for Texas voters. LOL

Why just the Texas voters?  This country has elected some real prizes to the highest office for decades.

I won't mention any names I'm sure everyone has their own favorite.

However we ALL do live in America where every lowbrow and highbrow has a vote.

I just look for ways to survive while swimming in the sea of CRAZY.

I think there is some crazy, but I think there are a few too many sharks, nasty jellyfish, filter feeders, and social predators.   

"...what would Rick Perry do for a living?"

In a word 'Minister'..

Sounds like a fitting punishment.

we don't need to turn schools into the OK Corral.

At least no one would be targeting the students.

I just check every gun store in my area population 300,000 not an AR-15 to be found, the shelves they be empty.

Perhaps not so coincidentally, this is going on right now in my city, Rochester, NY

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/interactive/article/20121224/NE...

Two firefighters shot and killed when reporting to a fire this morning.

"The only thing that stops a bad fire victim with a gun, is a good fireman with a gun"

RSS

Forum

Belief

Started by Chris Russell in Small Talk Jun 20. 0 Replies

Agnosticism

Started by Chris Russell in Small Talk. Last reply by Chris Russell Jun 6. 11 Replies

I'm not an atheist anymore...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie Jun 12. 19 Replies

Alex J O'Connor

Started by JadeBlackOlive in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman Jun 1. 3 Replies

Blog Posts

Equuleus - the little horse

Posted by Brad Snowder on July 9, 2017 at 1:08am 0 Comments

Horrified

Posted by Mary smith on July 2, 2017 at 12:35pm 0 Comments

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service