...a couple staffers had been armed?

Tags: control, gun, guns, killings, mass

Views: 8184

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What about hiring an armed doorman for protection?

I'm used to seeing army tanks near right next to every American schools here in Saudi Arabia.. It worked..

Schools for Saudi girls are protected by police so, in case if someone tried to harass the girls! or tried kidnap them.. It worked too.. I think it would be a good idea!

@Hope - I don't suppose you could pass that on to Pakistan?

No, it's a bad idea. If you make your protection obvious and let the bad guy(s) know exactly who and where they are, they simply become the first target.

This... is a good thing. This is kind of the point. That's literally in the job description (as well as the prevention of that... in fact, mostly the prevention part).

It would seem to me, that a police detail could be assigned to schools randomly and are fully dedicated to that coverage. Sadly most of the time nothing would happen, 'FOR YEARS!'

It is just one more cost for school operations. I quess for some people this would be a great idea. If you want to help make public schools less viable, and delete more classes from the education program, this would make charter and church operationed schools more successful. There are fewer of these schools than public, I think. I expect handing theists one more 'ticket to ride', is not what you thought about.    

//This program is to destroy the human race

main()

{

If (arming citizens makes the country safer == TRUE)

all nations <= nuclear weapons;

{

Wow, a budding Maynard Krebs/e.e. cummings. I don't know what else to say.

RE: "I don't know what else to say." - If that were only true, I would thank you for my Christmas gift!

Interesting how the armed policemen approach didn't work at Columbine.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/columbine.cd/Pages/DEPUTIES_TEXT.htm

This must have been obviously due to the guards lack of training, lack of fire power, or perhaps his lack of living in an imaginary world where the first clean shot to the forehead takes the bad guy out before any one gets hurt, and he can then saunter over to the TV cameras and describe how it takes good guys with guns to stop bad guys with guns.

In reality he couldn't take out a kid who was by no means an accomplished shooter who was probably better at Doom the killing actual humans.

I've been following this thread, but at this point there are too many responses to go through everything. I thought this is a telling article about the responses people can have to the tragedy. His picture kills me.

Definitely would've been smaller if the assailant had used Kung Fu.

If he'd been a serious disciple of kung fu, he would have been in control of his emotions.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service