...a couple staffers had been armed?

Tags: control, gun, guns, killings, mass

Views: 8414

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

A 'duck and cover' response? As their website gets email bombed, and the planetary web of hackavists slices and dices their site to digital fodder. There are very new forms of shotgun/automatic weapons now..

James if you want to be entertained go to the NRA site and look at NRA news at the top to watch the Cam and Co. Episode from last night. The guy talks for 10 minutes and says absolutely nothing.

I got bored and turned it off. It's like he's walking through a minefield on a tightrope in his underwear. One misstep, one mispeak, and his nuts are blown off.

I actually felt sorry for him for minute he is in such a no win situation, but the feeling quickly passed for me.

This has probably been said previously in the thread because I lost the will to live before finishing reading all replies...

If the school were adequately 'protected' (and what is the definition of adequate here?  What are we guarding against? Do we need a rent-a cop, an armed forces veteran, perhaps a serving special forces soldier or maybe even a small squad in case the first one gets shot?)

The seriously mentally disturbed man who did this would have gone somewhere else to do his killing; a different school without 'adequate' protection, a sports club, a shopping mall close to christmas, etc.  Do we put armed guards on everywhere?  Just because one deranged person in over 300 million has a some sort of episode should we live our lives in fear and mistrust?  No, because the huge majority of people do not go around shooting other people, and long should it remain so.

The alternative, with armed guards everywhere, keeping watch for possible threats, with government approval and pay, seems suspiciously similar to China and Stalin's USSR and might be called a police state...Okay, maybe a bit over dramatic but you get my drift.

That's what a lot of us with common sense have been saying, Alan.

And then there's Unseen and his ilk. Fortunately, he has a very small ilk.

I've always wanted an ilk. Something I could call my own.

Also if I ever get killed I would hope that the news reported that I was a assassinated. It means I've accomplished something in life, even if that something means I pissed off enough people to get assassinated.

Normal people get killed. To be assassinated you've made it.

Is 'ilk' like the inverse of 'mojo'?

I thought mojo was now called "swag"... but what do I know?

"Mojo" has meant male sexual power; "swag" means glitzy gifty kinds of things.

Just checked with my 18 year old stepdaughter.  Evidently, "swag" is the new "cool", so if you have "swag", you have a cool style.  It seems to be mutating towards a sarcastic version, sort of a self-perceived cool where everyone else thinks you are an idiot.  I learned something :)

I thought "swag" was a collection of "bling," but what do I know?

The Urban Dictionary has several entries indicating that it's an acronym meaning "secretly we are gay." 

On the other hand, I've heard it used to describe the gifts given to people at film festivals, major conventions, etc., in which case it seems to mean "sealed with a gift."

According to this site, it has a different etymology.  They also reject that it is acronymic in origin.  It does seem to stem from anachronisms, though, so if these offend you, don't click :)

RSS

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service