...a couple staffers had been armed?

Tags: control, gun, guns, killings, mass

Views: 8350

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

@ Adam

And I'll mark you as another old fool who has absolutely no clue about what he is talking about.

Must be drinking a lot Ensure and taking your Centrum silver edition huh grandpa? That you can put a 50lb bodly armor plate in 15 seconds. 

You seem unaware that this site has rules regarding how we talk to each other and that you have been at or over that line in several exchanges with me now. 

One of the things we all have to look forward to as we get older is that of being ridiculed for our age by children. Here it's the argumentum ad hominem where the opponent is verbally abused or ridiculed for something off subject rather than his arguments actually being dealt with.

BTW, some proofreading or even taking advantage of TA's built in spelling helper would benefit you a lot.

Sorry I haven't broken any TOS of this site. Your arguments are very flawed and anyone with any ounce of military training can see it very well. That is why I have been replying to you facetiously. I have no time or interest to rectify your outlandish comments that you make which are realistically not very plausible.

If you do not understand why you are wrong or incorrect simply just ask, do not go on a rampant verbal carnage

It was me that deleted my own comment as it was a reply to his earlier comment where he said "It'll just mark you as another one of the kids who sign up here and haven't learned how mature adults talk yet"

If he is going to talk down to me, you know I will do the same to him but I went back and I removed it but I don't know how he still quoted it. 

@Blaine - RE: "I have learned a lot from him" - as have I, to ignore whenever possible.

As soon as you hit SAVE your comment shows up in everyone's email. When you delete a comment, it's deleted from TA, but everyone still has it. So, if you say something untoward, then delete it, it's still out there for all to see.

Wow, I did not know there was a spell check. I'll have to rut around to see if I can find it, thanks!

Type something in a comment box and intentionally misspell a word. You'll see it underlined. Never noticed that before. It defaults to ON. I don't know if spellcheck can even be switched off.

(Oh) :(

Well, it behooves some people to switch spell check on in their browser, then. The mystery is that I've never consciously switched spell check on in any browser, and I use all three of the top ones from time to time (Firefox, Chrome, and IE).

There is some fallout from the Sandy Hook slaughter of innocents. The Dick's Sporting Goods store closest to Newtown, Connecticut is no longer selling guns. Walmart is no longer selling guns online, at least for now, though store sales will continue. Other companies with a stake in the Bushmaster's manufacturer have decided to sell off their shares.

A good sign? Don't break out the champagne just yet. Smaller gun stores report, however, that sales are skyrocketing. Why? It's not all due to temporary hysteria or paranoia. A lot of it is people simply wanting to buy a gun before that right goes away. Some may buy a gun simply as a sign of protest. A way of voting with their pocketbook, as it were.

As for the stock, if someone sells stock, it's because someone else buys it, and right now it looks like gun manufacturers remain a pretty good investment.

Ironically, 6% of the company's stock has been owned by the California Teachers Retirement Fund. They have decided to divest themself of their shares. This shows that often people don't really know the companies they own.

"This shows that often people don't really know the companies they own."

After playing in the 'securities' market for about 9 years, it was clear that large funds such as the 'California Teachers Retirement', might have an advisor/broker to determine buy/sell recommendations, maybe even a whole department. These recommendations are not always dependent upon an ethical or moral component.

The present divesture/sell, could be because of an evaluation concerning future value or a technical/fundamental perception. Technical as in charting. Fundamental as in ethical/moral support, a better buy, or poor future. I expect that this retirement fund would rather not be perceived to be making profit from the death of children, staff and teachers, a fundamental issue. This can not always be said of more cynical or pragmatic operations.

Attempting to sell a stock, only means an attempt to take any residual profit, or prevent a future loss. If the stock enters the market without buyers, it could be bid down to zero. Zero meaning, not a good investment! Normally when stocks are sold, there is some expectation of buyers, but the reality is, not always.

"Don't break out the champagne just yet."

For some, the above would be more than enough motivation to start pouring champagne and sending our check to 'Feed the Children'.

I have not bought a gun as 'protest', nor as the perception of a future threat. In my position, I expect that the nieve with guns will only mean a slow blood bath of the paranoid and the innocent. 

I read the NRA took down their website that day.

Facebook and Twitter down, website up.

Also the twitter that the WBC website, GodHatesFags.com is offline is not true as of 11:30am

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

It's all Greek to me

Posted by Simon Mathews on April 15, 2015 at 4:14am 18 Comments

Free at last

Posted by Belle Rose on April 15, 2015 at 1:00am 3 Comments

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service