...a couple staffers had been armed?

Tags: control, gun, guns, killings, mass

Views: 8247

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I met a Special Forces veteran once and we got to talking about weapons. One thing he said stuck with me. "If I'm in nose-to-nose combat, I'll take a knife over a gun any day of the week."

A big 10-4, a guy who knows how to handle a knife scares the crap outa me.

I agree. But a guy who doesn't know how to handle a gun scares me just as much.

Hahaha, I would have to agree with that.

You've probably been to one of "those ranges" then.

Yea, we have a public range that has no range masters and vague rules, I don't go to that one. :)

Yeah, I went to one of those once. During a cease fire and with people down range, some idiot was fiddling with and loading his firearms on the firing line with business ends pointing at us. I'd rather he had a knife at that point!

FYI - there's been a new school shooting, this one in Taft, California. No details yet --

@Heather Spoonheim

You sound like a theist trying to resolve Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2.  I noticed that the extra 'details' added in the story were in voice over by the reporter, not even spoken during the interview.

Anyway, in Canada we just don't have your problems.  Our murder rate is about 2/3rds less per capita and when home invasions happen to 'regular people' they just take your stuff, perhaps drain your bank account, and go.  Insurance covers the losses, and police arrest the criminals later - so we just don't need to murder them in our homes in front of our children because we just don't live in your sort of 'culture'.

Well, once you have our crime rate, you'll see the value of our methods.

Could it be that your methods are the reason we HAVE our crime rate? I'm certainly not seeing that they've brought it down any.

Maybe if we didn't screw up our children, we wouldn't have our crime rate. While it's mandatory to register a firearm, you don't have to know anything about raising children, to have a child.

Who crossed the road first, the chicken or the egg?

I say the duck did it.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Peter Mark Longdon 53 minutes ago. 8 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Rocky john 4 hours ago. 22 Replies

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 10 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service