To me the world seems to have lost it's mind. Last few days have looked at pictures of gitmo bay and almost threw up. The dehumanizing of people was beyond words. History talked of hitler and auschwitz. Decades later what I saw in those photos of gitmo made me think of images of the the very humiliation that the United states once fought against. Turkey is burning because of fighting back the government turned on it's own people like a mad dog. here in america we finally start getting rights for LBGT . Along comes salvation army saying that it should be a death sentence. Killing people over religion seems to be on the rise. in india  women are burning for supposed witchcraft and girls killed  being victims of rape . The catholic church is says birth control is wrong . Nuns who argue with church are being excommunicated.  In last political race it was debated whether women had a right to their on viginas .  People are dying world over because of religion and lack of even basic medical and dental care. there is hope for this world right? 

http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/young-turks?source=upwo...

http://ccrjustice.org/files/Report_ReportOnTorture.pdf

http://www.examiner.com/article/lgbt-parenting-a-death-sentence-wit...

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/05/29-6

Tags: Army, Death, Human, LBGT, Salvation, abuses, religon, rights

Views: 2756

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have met the enemy and HE is us.

And Friday the 13th comes on a Thursday this month.

Archaeopteryx had the quote correct, Matt. Pogo and friends didn't speak the best English, but the meaning was clear.

I do recall Pogo and his swamp pals.

I lived in Florida then, part of the time an hour's drive from the Okefenokee. I did a lot of canoeing on rivers in central and north Florida, including the Suwannee and dreamed of paddling (or motoring) up to its origin in a Georgia swamp.

While at Florida State in Tallahassee, my canoe took me and several biology majors deep into a large fresh water spring that swimmers shared with alligators. Each day, lifeguards beat on the water with paddles to chase the gators to their swamp-like side of the spring.

Thanks for the memory.

Kelley's words earned him a place in history.

I would love to be right all of the time, regrettably, I am not. Though a bit over-picky for my delicate sensibilities, Matt Giwer, in this instance, is.

Yep, Matt had it right. 

Over the years particularly back in 1992 when that crazy millionaire Ross Perot was trying to buy the presidency I exchanged more than a few emails with others who had taken the oath to support and defend the constitution. We all agreed there was no expiration date on the oath. We were all rather pissed at the idea of having to engage in an insurrection against his government. The oath required it.

Fact one is children cannot make oaths any more than they can make contracts.

Fact is the "pledge" is meaningless for the same reason. Children cannot be bound by anything they say before the age of 18 save in a few trivial cases like marriage.

Were I to start such a campaign it would be simply to advertise the pledge is a joke having no meaning greater than declaring a belief in faeries so Tinkerbell is alive again.

Matt, it might be valid in court to claim children "cannot be bound by anything they say before the age of 18....".

However, the purpose of requiring them to pledge allegiance each day is to bring them into the political culture or, as a neurologist might say, harden synapses in their brains so they will someday pay taxes or go to war without protest.

Religions also harden children's synapses.

Were you to start the campaign you describe above, your demand for purity would stir opposition my demand would not stir. You have the words (faeries, Tinkerbell, etc) to attract attention; I doubt that you have the stamina a campaign would require.

@Sarbeck I would post in your favor not against your efforts. I will support whatever works as I agree with the objective.

As you have been clearly saying they are in Gitmo because of who they are not what they did.

In case you have not been paying attention to the current holohugger line, the issue is it happened to Jews because of who they were.

The selection process you folks use is the same.

yikes.

“If we burn all reserves of oil, gas, and coal, there’s a substantial chance that we will initiate the runaway greenhouse. If we also burn the tar sands and tar shale, I believe the Venus syndrome is a dead certainty.”

Well, we'd be screwed if we used up all the oil, gas, and coal anyway. No plastics, just to name one. Also, no lubricants, even for the horse-drawn buggies we'd be forced to use. Oil and coal have such diverse uses making our lives better that we'd be screwed, blewed, and tattooed. We might as well be on Venus.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 25 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service