To me the world seems to have lost it's mind. Last few days have looked at pictures of gitmo bay and almost threw up. The dehumanizing of people was beyond words. History talked of hitler and auschwitz. Decades later what I saw in those photos of gitmo made me think of images of the the very humiliation that the United states once fought against. Turkey is burning because of fighting back the government turned on it's own people like a mad dog. here in america we finally start getting rights for LBGT . Along comes salvation army saying that it should be a death sentence. Killing people over religion seems to be on the rise. in india  women are burning for supposed witchcraft and girls killed  being victims of rape . The catholic church is says birth control is wrong . Nuns who argue with church are being excommunicated.  In last political race it was debated whether women had a right to their on viginas .  People are dying world over because of religion and lack of even basic medical and dental care. there is hope for this world right? 

http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/young-turks?source=upwo...

http://ccrjustice.org/files/Report_ReportOnTorture.pdf

http://www.examiner.com/article/lgbt-parenting-a-death-sentence-wit...

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/05/29-6

Tags: Army, Death, Human, LBGT, Salvation, abuses, religon, rights

Views: 2781

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really ? The Gitmo detainees are being systematically rounded up for extermination ? Engage in hyperbole much ?

As she said, no gas chambers. Read much?

She said that in response to what I wrote about the absence of gas chambers . Understand the arrow of time much ?

My gas chambers trump your gas chambers. My holocaust trumps your holocaust. The corollary to Godwin's Law is, whoever brings up holocaust first loses.

Well now wait. We aren't starving the Gitmo prisoners or forcing them to work, are we? 

Starving them?  Quite the contrary.  At the moment there are about 43 of them being force-fed.

That's right Strega , they are being force fed because they are engaged in a hunger strike over a perception that their Qurans are being handled in a disrespectful manner by the guards , not , apparently because of any mistreatment . As if more proof as to the idiocy of all religion were needed .
I don't understand the rationale of force feeding the detainees . I can well see how this could be considered a form of mistreatment .

The rationale of force feeding?

In early Ireland, according to a history I read about thirty years ago when I was researching English/Irish law, an aggrieved man who starved himself to death was presumed innocent and the law required even nobles to compensate his heirs.

I don't know the thinking of the people who are ordering the forced feeding.

Thank you very much. I hadn't thought of it that way. I would just ignore it but most people have to assign motivation to everything. Certainly one cannot assign guilt without a suicide note or statement. Innocence is all that is left. I doubt there  is US case law on the matter but it would certainly be the presumption.

It has been determined by the American Medical Association that force feeding is a violation of medical ethics. At the least all medical personnel need to have their licenses revoked.

The degree of force being used justifies the use of deadly force to prevent it. There is no moral basis for this use of force.

But you crazy Christians and Jews are deliberately inciting them by mishandling their Koran just for the fun of it. That is a quite disgusting example of your intolerance of other religions.

Why are we feeding people who don't want to eat? Shouldn't we be respecting their wishes?

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 3 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service