To me the world seems to have lost it's mind. Last few days have looked at pictures of gitmo bay and almost threw up. The dehumanizing of people was beyond words. History talked of hitler and auschwitz. Decades later what I saw in those photos of gitmo made me think of images of the the very humiliation that the United states once fought against. Turkey is burning because of fighting back the government turned on it's own people like a mad dog. here in america we finally start getting rights for LBGT . Along comes salvation army saying that it should be a death sentence. Killing people over religion seems to be on the rise. in india  women are burning for supposed witchcraft and girls killed  being victims of rape . The catholic church is says birth control is wrong . Nuns who argue with church are being excommunicated.  In last political race it was debated whether women had a right to their on viginas .  People are dying world over because of religion and lack of even basic medical and dental care. there is hope for this world right? 

http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/young-turks?source=upwo...

http://ccrjustice.org/files/Report_ReportOnTorture.pdf

http://www.examiner.com/article/lgbt-parenting-a-death-sentence-wit...

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/05/29-6

Tags: Army, Death, Human, LBGT, Salvation, abuses, religon, rights

Views: 2795

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A great argument for never releasing any of them.

Yea, fuck due process, Real True Americans don't need that pansy shit.  If they don't kneel before the Ol' Red White and Blue blow them fuckers up...Shock and Awe that's what they need...Nuke the Heathen Bastards!!!

Or not.

Yes , monkey , that's what we're saying , ( heavy sarcasm ) . You've brilliantly figured that out .

As not one of them has been convicted to any reasonable standard, they are all innocent. Imprisoning the innocent for life hardly gives Christianity any claim to superiority over Islam. In fact it is the sort of things Jews do.

By moderate islamic sects , do you mean those that only advocate for dhimmitude of non believers , rather than their slaughter?
Or even those which are fine with secular government and leaving non-Muslims alone. Much like any other religion, you can find sects that cherry-pick their holy book to support just about any view.

By moderate we mean those who have looked at history and know the dhimmi tax has not been applied for some four centuries.

But when Aleppo was first sieged by a Muslim army the bishop asked for terms. The terms were to pay this tax. He agreed immediately as it was less than the tax levied by Constantinople.

Even Christians should learn to keep such nonsense claims in perspective.

With all due respect, Dave, you don't know what you'd do. "Winston Smith," lead character in Orwell's 1984, did what most of us would likely do, he completely caved, a broken man, with no fight left in him.

Don't you think that's a rather narrow-minded attitude on their part?

Again, many have been shown to have local rivals that turned them in for US reward money, and committed no offense.  Those people are simply innocent.

Being cleared of a crime does not equate to being innocent.

When rule of law, and presumption of innocence until guilt is proven, stand as the norm, it certainly does equate.  The alternative is that you can be punished indefinitely, without evidence of wrong doing, based soley on ignorant prejudice and heresay. 

Interesting how you are all about punishing the savagery of individuals based on their culture and faith, with no regard to their individuality.  Yet, at the same time, are completely unwilling to examine the savagery of institutions belonging to your own culture.  Tiptoe around your own savagery if you must, I won't.

In western society the most one can hope for in a trial , is to be found not guilty . No one is found " innocent " . Please don't put words in my mouth when you obviously have no understanding of what I am talking about . Calling Islam a grave threat to western civilization and civil society does not mean that western society is without flaws . It is not necessary to condemn the west prior to criticizing islam . Despite it's many flaws , it is infinitely better for human longevity and creativity than any Islamic society .

I never stated that anybody is found 'innocent'.  I simply stated that 'not guilty' equates with 'innocent'. 

It's easy to understand what you're talking about.  You are a bigot.  Fundamentalist Islam has numerous problems, but no more than any other fundamentalist sect, and it is far from a grave threat to Western society.

The point that I was making was that there are human beings that are being imprisoned and tortured, and who are still being held despite the determination (in tribunals that require ridiculously low standards of evidence) that they have not commited any offense.  Their religion is as irrelevant as their nationality. 

You, however, seem to be perfectly comfortable with imprisoning and brutalizing human beings who are 'not guilty' of an offense simply because of their religious beliefs.  Take care, I don't see a point in continuing this with you.

RSS

Forum

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Belle Rose 30 minutes ago. 8 Replies

Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Started by Karlee in Welcome to Think Atheist. Last reply by Simon Paynton 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 5 hours ago. 44 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Cato Rigas 8 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 2 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service