To me the world seems to have lost it's mind. Last few days have looked at pictures of gitmo bay and almost threw up. The dehumanizing of people was beyond words. History talked of hitler and auschwitz. Decades later what I saw in those photos of gitmo made me think of images of the the very humiliation that the United states once fought against. Turkey is burning because of fighting back the government turned on it's own people like a mad dog. here in america we finally start getting rights for LBGT . Along comes salvation army saying that it should be a death sentence. Killing people over religion seems to be on the rise. in india  women are burning for supposed witchcraft and girls killed  being victims of rape . The catholic church is says birth control is wrong . Nuns who argue with church are being excommunicated.  In last political race it was debated whether women had a right to their on viginas .  People are dying world over because of religion and lack of even basic medical and dental care. there is hope for this world right? 

http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/young-turks?source=upwo...

http://ccrjustice.org/files/Report_ReportOnTorture.pdf

http://www.examiner.com/article/lgbt-parenting-a-death-sentence-wit...

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/05/29-6

Tags: Army, Death, Human, LBGT, Salvation, abuses, religon, rights

Views: 2756

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yada yada yada. 

"The wet bird never flies at night."

RE: "The wet bird never flies at night."

Hey! That's mine! If you're going to steal from someone, at LEAST have the good taste not to turn around and quote it back to them!

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like bananas."

I guess I should accept the complement gracefully, that you think so highly of what I say, that you're willing to steal it from me.

Quite frankly, I don't remember you using it. But you didn't think of it first anyway. I remember it from my childhood.

With your Alzheimer's that's not surprising, but I can tell you it's exact source and circumstances, can you?

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't claim to know the etymology of every funny slogan. Enlighten us.

Rotund comedian, Jackie Mason (aka, the voice of "Frosty the Snowman") had a stand-up comedy routine he would do on such shows as Ed Sullivan and The Tonight Show, that often ended with a long, drawn out joke about a man, seeking enlightenment, who scaled a Himalayan mountain in search of the wisdom of a wise guru living at the top, and after much hardship, finally finds him, asks for wisdom, and was given the line you stole from me that I stole from Jackie Mason.

Spent a fun evening in a Mexican bar once, in a trivia contest with a fellow American, naming the horses, the sidekicks and the sidekicks' horses of all the old-time cowboy stars - I have that kind of memory, but often, I can't tell you what day it is. It's not that I can't recall, but that I don't care.

From the Shine On Brightly album by Procul Harum:

In the darkness of the night, only occasionally relieved by glimpses of Nirvana as seen through other people's windows, wallowing in a morass of self-despair made only more painful by the knowledge that all I am is of my own making ... 

When everything around me, even the kitchen ceiling, has collapsed and crumbled without warning. And I am left, standing alive and well, looking up and wondering why and wherefore.

At a time like this, which exists maybe only for me, but is nonetheless real, if I can communicate, and in the telling and the baring of my soul anything is gained, even though the words which I use are pretentious and make you cringe with embarrassment, let me remind you of the pilgrim who asked for an audience with the Dalai Lama.

He was told he must first spend five years in contemplation. After the five years, he was ushered into the Dalai Lama's presence, who said, 'Well, my son, what do you wish to know?' So the pilgrim said, 'I wish to know the meaning of life, father.'

And the Dalai Lama smiled and said, 'Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?'

Yeah, it was like that, only different.

Continual Space exploration may be the means by which we will eventually evolve into a species that is no longer dependent on dying solar systems to survive. A species who adapts to the point where space is its natural environment.

I'm glad it won't be in MY lifetime.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 25 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service