To me the world seems to have lost it's mind. Last few days have looked at pictures of gitmo bay and almost threw up. The dehumanizing of people was beyond words. History talked of hitler and auschwitz. Decades later what I saw in those photos of gitmo made me think of images of the the very humiliation that the United states once fought against. Turkey is burning because of fighting back the government turned on it's own people like a mad dog. here in america we finally start getting rights for LBGT . Along comes salvation army saying that it should be a death sentence. Killing people over religion seems to be on the rise. in india  women are burning for supposed witchcraft and girls killed  being victims of rape . The catholic church is says birth control is wrong . Nuns who argue with church are being excommunicated.  In last political race it was debated whether women had a right to their on viginas .  People are dying world over because of religion and lack of even basic medical and dental care. there is hope for this world right? 

http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/young-turks?source=upwo...

http://ccrjustice.org/files/Report_ReportOnTorture.pdf

http://www.examiner.com/article/lgbt-parenting-a-death-sentence-wit...

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/05/29-6

Tags: Army, Death, Human, LBGT, Salvation, abuses, religon, rights

Views: 2774

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gregg you may wish to portray yourself as an apologist for Islam , but I won't . You may tremble at the ridiculous term , " Islamophobia " , I won't . Sorry , but I'm with Hitchens and Harris on this one , and frankly , I'd much rather side with them than with you .

RE: "I never said I was in agreement with Gitmo . Merely that I didn't believe the detainees were innocent." - we'll never know, as they've never had, nor ever will have, a trial.

I see now. An apologist for Islam is one who insists upon a conviction in a court of law up to western standards. The opposite of this is a person who knows they are guilty of something simply because they are Muslims. Substitute Jews for Muslims and the fake atheists come out in force.

We do know the kidnapees in Gitmo are, by US legal standards, INNOCENT until proven guilty in a court of law.

"Disagreeing with the beliefs of a particularly violent and mysogynistic monotheism equates in your view"

Pretending Islam is different when all three Yahwist religions are equally violent and misogynistic is extremely annoying. It is the sort of talk we expect from rednecks, zionists or both.

All religions have violence and are absurd . The religion which currently advocates suicide bombing , and violence against unbelievers , is Islam . Christianity and Judaism , among the the other monotheisms are certainly violent , and have similar body counts throughout their respective histories , however , on a in the present time that is not so .

All religions? The Quakers? The Baha'is?

Baha'i is just really fucking boring. 

Judaism maintains ruthless military dictatorship over millions of non-Jews and attack them even more frequently and violently than in the pre-civil rights South. And it is done in the name of the title deed their mythical Yahweh gave to their mythical Abraham and as established by their mythical Israel and Judah from bible fiction.

Here are ALL the pictures I could find of those Muslims attacking Jews from the Gaza/Sderot episode. http://www.giwersworld.org/antisem/GAZA-pics/GAZA-2/index.html

WARNING! Graphic imagery almost up to the standards of The Walking Dead. Please do not view if you like complaining to moderators about what you see after being warned. That said here is the civilized jewish response. http://www.giwersworld.org/antisem/GAZA-pics/index.html

I am old enough to remember all the WWII movies about the nobility of suicide missions so I have no particular problem with suicide bombings. I have no idea why you pretend to have a problem. It was Jews who introduced terrorism into Palestine nearly a century ago. Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. I am sick of their whining over getting what they wanted.

As to Christians, born again Bush ordered the mass murder of upwards of a million Iraqis solely because they defended their country from foreign invasion. And that was done for no rational reason whatsoever. The best guess it was done for the presidential pleasure. One expects he shaved his palm more frequently because of it.

And I leave out the invasion of Afghanistan because of Al Qaeda in Pakistan as an entirely separate exercise in sadism and gratuitous mass murder for which I run out of superlatives much to quickly.

As to the Jews their exchange rate runs around 20 Muslims per Jew. For the Christians the 9/11 to Iraq exchange ratio is about 300 to 1.

Pardon if I do not take your views of Islam as having any connection with reality.

Jainism doesn't have violence! 

The U.S prison system is doing such a fabulous job of deterring and preventing crime here, why exactly are WE in charge of this? 

Even if they weren't violent criminals to begin with, I'm guessing their super-sized doses of PTSD probably aren't going to make them the most model citizens after their release. They aren't going to be thinking back too kindly on America, and now we've radicalized the ones that weren't a threat before. 

See, here's the real catch. The question isn't, "Are these innocent people or monsters being imprisoned without trial?" 

The question is, "What are we going to do with these monsters we've created?" 

Because they aren't going to be going home to stable, functioning reality as we know it. Their lives are broken now, for whatever reason. I'm guessing that's enough to piss someone right the fuck off. 

Was it no the Borgia pope who invented that threat back when it was invading armies? And now all those folks from Indonesia who make the parts for our computers are a threat to us by swimming to California no doubt.

Again 500 years ago .

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service