Ladies,

I don't know much about this topic so I'm going to ask it out loud. WHY do we have to wear bras? No, really. Is it just for show or is there some compelling reason why we must? Sometimes I find that I'm much more comfortable without one. I always tend to take mine off after I get home from work and I've tried all the brands to find the "best fit" and I always end up going to some high end seamstress that makes them custom because the store bought options are NOT comfortable IMO.

For any of you ladies who may live in a country where it's NOT necessary to wear a bra I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and insights.

Am I alone in feeling like it's yet another cultural ball and chain we have to lug around with us?

Anyone really really LIKE wearing bras?

MEN: You are welcome to participate in this discussion, all I ask is that you have some class. Thanks!

Views: 873

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, like religion (IMO) esp with smaller ones, why bother? I for one are not going to be impressed one way or the other. I have a feeling that this is rooted in religious modesty and not a real physical problem for support. But since I'm not in a position to know first hand how necessary it is and have to rely on second hand knowledge, I don't know. Perhaps it's one of those things women use to increase their sex appeal, & that "oh, I'm a woman!". As for me, I wouldn't care one way or the other if they wear it.

I have a feeling that this is rooted in religious modesty

+1. Women have to cover their breasts with as much as possible for the same reason women in other parts of the world have to cover their faces. Sure there are the physical supporting benefits people mentioned, but other than that it's the same religious shit. Though for a change I'm ok with it. I wouldn't want guys walking around with no undies either, really.

OK why to wear a bra. I'm forty . this said if not for bras i would need a wheelbarrow. i can get away with out one once in awhile because i built up muscles so they are still perky. this alone is a accomplishment due to i'm the woman that has to go to specialty shop.because of being overly blessed. The bra keeps me from seriously hurting. they also help keep a nice smooth shape under clothing. 

A combination of age, with gravitational implications, and of course centrifugal force... Without a bra on, if I were to turn around suddenly, it might be a while before I stopped spinning.

Not to mention the physics of angular motion - isn't that how the whirling dervish got started?

From this guy's point of view, don't wear 'em.  If you don't need them for comfort or to make the outfit 'work', we don't care, if you're happier without them.  If you have monstrous jiggly boobs and they don't abrade against your top, and you're ok with it, go for it.  If you have small boobs and the augmentation of a bra isn't enough to merit wearing it, fine with me.  You aren't boobs, be comfortable.

I briefly wore off the shelf bras as a teenager, but they never gave me support without biting somewhere. Then I took my mother's advice and went to her ladies fitters and got my first made to measure. Yes they are a bit of an investment but the difference is worth it, oh and make sure you replace your bras every twelve months. My military service really showed the benefit of good bras, stopping unwanted flapping about and unwanted attention from overly interested males ! Made to measure are bras are SOOOO worth it, I barely notice wearing them, they provide support in just the right way, do not cut in anywhere. My girls have breastfed four children an are still right where they should be. Of course this is not just due to good bras, its diet, yoga, exercise and skin care (Argan oil). I do go braless at times, around the house and garden, at the summer house nude on the beach but under any other circumstances I would wear a bra.

Regads

Judith vd R.

Here you go ladies

Researchers spent 15 years studying the breasts of over 330 French women, and concluded that wearing a bra does not prevent sagging or ease back pain as commonly thought. "Medically, physiologically, anatomically—breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity, Professor Jean-Denis Rouillon, from the University of Besançon, told France Info Radio. "On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra."

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/braless-best-study-says-bras-...

lol no problem

Hi Belle,

Ordinarily, I wouldn't bother posting in the Women of TA group but I read your post and remembered I had just read something else on this issue:

Study finds bras make breasts sag

Unfortunately, the study did not contain a representative sample of women and so should be taken with a grain of salt. I suspect all the women in the study had fairly small breasts.

On the other side of the coin, my opinion, do you HAVE to wear bras? To my knowledge, there is no law stating that you have to wear a bra.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Do you let your guy cum inside you?

Started by Sophie. Last reply by James Cox Aug 28, 2013. 89 Replies

Domestic Violence Solutions...

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck May 12, 2013. 45 Replies

WHY must we wear a bra?

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by RockyShukura Apr 24, 2013. 57 Replies

Grow a Vagina!

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Simon Paynton Mar 27, 2013. 24 Replies

Female and Atheist

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Belle Rose Mar 19, 2013. 87 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 17 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service