This has been bugging me for a long time now. I get it that most people believe that being gay or homosexual is an abomination, but they should be able to marry whoever they want to. Right? I don't know if it's just me who feels this way, but please share your opinion.

Views: 1061

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More gays required.  That should help.  (maybe we gays are Nature's way of keeping down the population).

So, when a bitch (the canine variety) gives it up to a male dog, that is not consent?

In the future, cars will be able to give consent. 

All creatures on the planet exploit other creatures.

I didn't know the law had weighed in on whether dogs engaged in procreation had an element of consent...or not.

So, when a bitch (the canine variety) gives it up to a male dog, that is not consent?

No. Animal procreation is instinctual not consentual. 

In the future, cars will be able to give consent. 

Let's say one day we do invent machines with human consciousness. Ought the machines have rights? I would think. It gives a bestial twist to "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" that I'm sure Philip K. Dick never imagined.   

All creatures on the planet exploit other creatures.

Are plants creatures? If yes, then plants don't exploit other creatures because they make food from water and sunlight. If not, then herbivores don't exploit other creatures because they only eat plants.  

Venus Flytrap aside.

Unseen says: "What about a person and their dog... ?"

In the bible belt it's OK as long as both are heterosexual and the dog doesn't get pregnant. :)

Your question is obviously quite leading. Most people do not believe being gay is an abomination. I've met very few who do. But I also live in San Francisco. Even so, how can you be born as an abomination? If that is the case, why are carrottops, autistic children, mixed parentage, etc. also an abomination? It is trendy for the religious right to pick on "gays" right now. We Athiests may be next.
I meant to say *why aren't*…

Show of hands:

When is the last time anyone heard the word "abomination" used outside a conversation about homosexuality?

;;raises hand;;

I play Dungeons and Dragons on a weekly basis, and am a Warhammer 40k player. I hear the word abomination used quite often.

But, yeah, in the real world, only when it is used to describe homosexuality.

I hear it about wearing white after Labor Day.

I most recently heard 'abomination' used in a conversation about Apple and Microsoft. I said it though. Does that count? 

I still hear 'Obamanation' in reference to the Black man in the White House. 

Then there is the Incredible Hulk's arch-enemy the Abomination.

Otherwise, yes, the word is tossed around frequently when GLBT issues come up. 

RSS

Forum

An Atheist Time Capsule

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk 2 hours ago. 0 Replies

Questions from an old member who hasn't been around in quite awhile...

Started by Rocky Oliver (LotusGeek) in Small Talk. Last reply by Rocky Oliver (LotusGeek) 11 hours ago. 3 Replies

New site

Started by umar in Announcements. Last reply by Cesar Deicide 1 hour ago. 55 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

My Purity Ring

Posted by Michelle Varni on July 5, 2015 at 7:18pm 5 Comments

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service