What have you heard from religious people if you present this question. I have heard the whole so many different stories...

Views: 1537

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Satan is gods well trained Attack Dog. It does the attacking, the maiming, the killing, the harming while the Master stands at arms blameless length from the mayhem. Surely the Master could have trained the beast otherwise, or constrained it, or had it put down if he had wanted, but no, he finds it too useful to his purposes. How could the Satan do as it does if not with full leave of it's master?!

The Believer should not blame the dog Satan for it's evil deeds but direct the blame against he who has loosed the beast upon the world but only uses Satan as his scapegoat. Instead of cursing the Devil, the believer would be far better off repudiating it's enabler!
I would say that he allows satan to exist because we need to live through testing so that we as well as god know that our faith in him is real
Alicia,

If god is all-knowing, why would he need outside evidence (notice the irony?) of our faith? Wouldn't he just know whether or not our faith is real?
I thought that god was always in our hearts. Doesn't the Bible say he knows your very thoughts? Seems pretty cruel to make us suffer through testing if he already knows the answer. Not very loving....
LOST (t.v. show) = some folks think it's about GOD vs. SATAN... so I posted 2 comments w/ link to THIS TOPIC.
~Le sigh~ No one cares about all the hard work I put into documenting the difference between all The Devil identities. No one cares....
Anyway, this debate is going to Crazy-Town so I'm getting off at the next stop. If anyone sees any new material than the "It's a test" theory that fails by belief in god being omnipotent, or the um.. well, I don't even understand what the hell Benji over there was talking about before he went off the deep end.
So basically, yeah.
All you folks that are more patient than I am that are sticking with this baby to the end, gimme a mail or shout if anything new comes up. If not, I offer you all my deepest wishes for a nice day or night, wherever you might live.
THIS WORLD RULE BY AUTHORITY LIKE POLICE HAVE AUTHORITY OVER THE CITY, BUT CANNOT ENFORCE EVERYWHERE THE LAW. THE ONLY TRUE GOD JEHOVAH HAVE ALL THE POWER TO DO ANYTHING HIM WANTED BUT HE DECIDED TO LET EVERYONE CHOOSE GOOD OR EVIL WITH THE CONSEQUENCE . HE IS PATIENCE GOD,THOSE WHO DOES EVIL WILL BE THEIR HOME IN HELL BECAUSE OF THEIR EVIL ACTION AND THOSE WHO LOVE HIM THOUGHT HIS SON JESUS CHRIST WILL SPEND IN A HOME WHERE EVERYTHING GOOD. GOD 'S PROTECT THOSE WHO LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE IS IN AUTHORITY OVER THEM. SOMETIMES I ASK WHY A 5 YEAR OLD CHILD DIE OF A CANCER ? I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW THE PURPOSE OF GOD OR THE BACKGROUND OF THE FAMILY. IN THE BIBLE SAY THOSE WHO HATE GOD WILL BE IN GENERATION CURSE. GOD HAS LAW THAT CANNOT BE BROKEN BECAUSE HE WON'T BE WHAT HE SAY. EVERY GOVERNMENT MUST REIGN WITH AUTHORITY AND LAWS.MIKAEL G
I guess a deity that is forever would have to acquire patience eventually, though time doesn't affect said god...

And whether we believe or not, the god of your choice knows who will believe in what not matter how we preach it. Typin' your stance is irrelevant because it will not change minds or your god's plan since it is all ready written who will do what.

To use though, what we preach has no god or boundaries. Change of mind & change is constant. You, my dear theist, are trapped in whatever you believe. That is until you realize it's all a bunch of tomfoolery written by men to create order.
Also, while re-typing your entry, please pay more attention to spelling and grammar. While I am willing to overlook poor grammar and spelling with people who are not native speakers of English, I would hope that someone who has reached high school in the United States (your profile says you are from Ohio) would have achieved a basic competency in their native tongue.

And while doing so, please try to address the points that Nelson brought up. The 'Because he is God and works in mysterious ways' defense is sorely lacking.
OK, I think the problem that people in general come accross when this question happens is because of the misunderstanding and misinterpretation they get from the bible in the first place. If you read the book and don't experience life first from an open mind, it will be easier to just use that book as your guide to life instead of being able to see it for what it is worth. I have read the bible a few times and I just don't get how you could read it and want to make a way of life out of it.

But to answer the question "why does god allow satan to exist?" the answer is much simpler than anything religious people tell eachother in the first place. Although religions are pretty much unnecessary, some of the things those books have to say do make sense if you know what they are talking about in the first place. I don't think bible reading religious people understood it in the first place or they would've realised that the word god is a description and not a name. SO, god allows satan to exist because... god is the representative for "good, possitive" and satan is the representative for "bad, negative" (like a yinyang they need both in order for life to be). So when you think of satan you think of anything you think could be bad right? Who says that it is actually "bad"? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not necessary.

So people think good means everything turns out the way you want it too and nothing else. So what if that happened? Well, I don't want to get sick, die, or lose someone I love, I want lots of money, but I also want everything to be free. What good would it do for this earth if I got all of that? Well that means anyone else in the world could have that too. So, wait a minute... you're telling me that over 6 billion people could be rich (what's rich if everyone is too?) never get sick or die? That sounds like over population at its best. Well, if all of those things are so good then why do they spell destruction? BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO HAVE GOOD TO HAVE BAD, AND BAD TO HAVE GOOD. TOO MUCH OF ANY ONE THROWS OFF THE BALANCE AND WE ALL DIE.

THE END.
Actually, I was born in Ohio. :) And while we moved around a lot (military family), I did spend 3 and a half years in the Ohio school system, specifically in Bowling Green, Ohio.
Isaiah 45:7. “I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil. I the lord do all these things.”

There is no rational explanation other than that God is NOT great, is imperfect.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service