What am I talking about? How come when humans wander in nature and enter the habitat's of wild animals (http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/08/05/norway.polar.bear.death/...) and a human casualty results - subsequently they kill the animal? It is like this with mountain lions, bears, etc. I don't understand - we wander in their turf, what do we expect? These things are going to happen from time to time.

There was one exception - recently in Yosemite there was an attack in which the bear was simply defending its cubs so they didn't kill the bear as the visitors seemed to encroach into the bear's territory - but I just don't understand why the first knee-jerk reaction is to kill the wild animal. I actually find it sad and abhorrent. I don't know...am I getting upset over nothing??

Tags: Beat, Polar, animals, attack, life, wild, wildlife

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's true. But at least prioritize it over the research.

Tragedy for Norway..? It's a tragedy for the British which lost one of their young ones.

For Norway it was just one less of the many, many bears on Svalbard. They are not threatened and can roam at least 99% of the archipelago unhindered and the vast majority of the area is covered by national parks to an extent that even Costa Ricans can respect. In the long run, polar bears will become extinct in the area come the next ice age.

Dont explore the wilderness.

Animals are more important then humans..

Dont take precautions or training cause its arrogant.

Somehow weave global warming into the conversation

Seriously i think im at a PETA indoctrination meeting where you are all holding hands with Al Gore trying to contact the tortured spirit of the bear. 

The animal ate one of the teenagers of our species. Put away your self deprecation its sickening.

Animals are more important then humans

We are animals.

Seriously i think im at a PETA indoctrination meeting where you are all holding hands with Al Gore trying to contact the tortured spirit of the bear.

That kind of sarcasm doesn't really say anything at all.

The animal ate one of the teenagers of our species. Put away your self deprecation its sickening.

The bear was hungry so it ate whatever it could find - it happened to be a human, *sob sob sob*. The animal was doing its job. If you don't want to be eaten by a polar bear then stay away. See how easy that is.

you would feel different if that was your son that was eaten by a polar bear.

Yes but it isn't my kid is it. Anyway it wouldn't happen if it was my kid as he wouldn't be there in the first place.

Its not your bear either.

Now say that to the young boys family.

I will. Have you got an email? Number?

You are a sick  individual. Seriously.

The first few statements is what i read in this thread of people whining about the poor bear

A HUMAN being got eaten and you people have to find some way to blame the human.

Heartless insensitive human hating bullshit.

The main issue is that you don't need to kill the bear. From my understanding, authorities killed the bear after-the-fact - not during the attack itself. In addition, it is common practice for authorities to kill the wild animal "after the fact" rather than during any attack for self defense purposes. That is the whole point and sentiment of what I was expressing - this is too common of a practice that takes place after animals attack humans when humans have tip toed into their territory.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Simon Paynton 59 minutes ago. 22 Replies

Blog Posts

Seeing the man in the child.

Posted by Diane on April 19, 2014 at 9:52am 1 Comment

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.