I think it is obvious that Christianity has become mostly benign and secularized for the most part and I don't see Christians subjugating their women and executing gays in the ways that take place in the Islamic world due to the quran and Hadith (the Hadith is the so-called writings of the prophet and his followers in which Islamic Shariah law is based from); but I see too many atheists tending to bash Christianity and giving excuses for Islam. Why is this so when according to the Islamic faith, we atheists are "kafar" should be the first ones killed before the Christians and Jews (especially me, since I am an apostate since I was "born" a Muslim); therefore, why do atheists tend to give excuses for the true evils of the Islamic faith??

Jesus Christ as a symbol (whether he was a real person or not) is a much better role model than the child molesting, murderous, and evil "prophet" called Muhammad. The Bible doesn't demand governments to be Christian but the Quran demands that all governments be Islamic by nature and the punishments are much more bizarre. In Islam, you can not even ask any questions about Muhammad or Allah but Christians and Jews are able to debate within themselves and ask questions. When a cartoon is drawn or a quran is burnt you see how savagely Muslims act throughout the world and those who are "moderate" instead of condemning the barbaric acts blame the "Salman Rushdie's" or the "Pastor" instead of placing blame on the perpetrators and culture of violence in the Islamic world. So why is it, that Christianity is often (in my opinion) overly criticized and Islam is not criticized enough when the gravest threat to the existence of the human race is surely an Islamic regime with nuclear weapons?? I'd like to get your opinions..

Tags: Atheism, Bible, Christianity, Hadith, Islam, Politics, Quran

Views: 1180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Colonialism ever heard of it? Of course not it is in a history book.

But how does this excuse Islam in any way?

Were all things?  No.  But the Taliban left them alone as long as they obeyed their version of Sharia Law.

Here's an Islamic apologist posting by Reggie. I'm sure "the Taliban left them alone" when the fact is Sharia law curtails every aspect of a person's life - whether women can work, girls can get an education, men can shave their beards or children watching television or playing with kites. That had to be one of the most ignorant statements I have read on here (there has been many).

Sassan before we went into Afghanistan the Taliban offered up Bin Laden if the west would recognize the Taliban government we decided not to do this and went to the war lords of northern Afghanistan (the tribal chiefs and drug lords). Now this is history and we understand your aversion.

The Taliban had cut poppy production to almost nothing, since the west has arrived Afghanistan produces 90% of the heroin in the world and the west guards the fields. Using your logic does this make the west narco terrorists?

Jim, you make up a lot of false facts and innuendo don't you? That's an utter bunch of nonsense and you know that to be true. How can you who criticizes President Bush for "misleading" us to war make up unfounded innuendo? Next thing you are going to say Bush went to Iraq because of Jesus Christ and the "Lord" because one Palestinian negotiator said such a thing. Come on Jim...come on...

It is the duty of patriotic Afghans to kill as many of the mercenary thugs sent by brutal and distant occupying powers (the UN being, basically because of the security council, a U.S. stooge) as is possible.

Here is a despicable and filth post by "Brian Wood" in blatantly supporting terrorists in the attacks against our patriotic brave young men and women; but in addition to supporting attacks against the Afghan people since the majority of the Afghan people want our presence and assistance in helping them build a future. How despicable.

Followed by this was Reggie's reply seeming to affirm what Brian Wood said:

But...but...WE'RE the good guys!  Didn't anyone tell them that their role is that of the bad guy?

Sassan Is this where we kill them to set them free?

You have no logic and common sense my friend...actually, I do think you have common sense. You just don't express it on here. You have become quite deluded with your warp mentality of world views. It is quite sad but it is your prerogative to hold those views; however unhealthy they may be.

Sassan You have a problem with sarcasm? LOL
You hate Islam it seems maybe despise the religion NOT IRAN! Have you ever met a Muslim that wasn't plotting against the world? Do you believe in the Caliphate. Well I don't.The majority of Iranian are of Muslim faith Almost every young person in Iran are non-believers they don't want war.But when you talk about the subject you are seem to be saying stop the Muslims any way you can,even the destruction of the country you love. We have had sanctions on Iran for over 30years should be bomb the shit out of it to? More and more people in Iran are turning against Islam. I will take time for the people of Iran to fight the Islamic regime. The end of the Human race will not be because of just Islam,it will be ALL religions in the end all of them.

Majority of Iranians are not of the Muslim faith. See, you don't even know how Iranians are. First OFF, the majority of Iranians CALL themselves Muslim because they believe in a god but they are not religious and do not pray. They despise organized religion. Like most American Christians, they just believe in a god and live their own life. Even that, less and less Iranians are even calling themselves Muslim. I just spent 8+ months in Iran as of recently and it made me happy to see more and more Iranians of all walks of life refusing to call themselves Muslim and many have become atheists, or Christian and Zoroastrian converts. A significant portion of others who still believe in god refuse to call themselves Muslim and that's from the youth to the middle-aged taxi driver to the store owners - and it includes many people inside of my own family.

But again, even for those Iranians who call themselves Muslim they are fake Muslims and not religious. The one thing this regime has done effective (the only thing) is to make sure that inside of a free and democratic Iran, there will be no influence of Islam. I believe in the era of my grandchildren, the vast majority of Iranians will even refuse to call themselves Muslim (right now it is prob. 20-30% don't even call themselves Muslim and 60-70% are non-religious and maybe 10% are religious max) - so please get an education or understanding of what is going on inside of Iran today.

And nuclear weapons in the hands of a regime that is "preparing for the return of imam mahdi" is indeed a dangerous predicament for the human race.

I am Iranian and America - dual citizen - I was born in Tehran and came to the U.S. when I was 3 but I have spent considerable periods of time - esp. as of recently when I spent 8+ months in Iran. And yes, I speak Farsi.

And I have to run right now but I will respond to the rest of the posts later. Bottom line: the Islamic regime in Iran is a regime that rapes - because Allah grants it - and murders from the will of "Allah"; Iranians of all walks of life can only dream and wish this regime will soon go...and hopefully the international community will step up to the plate in approximately 2-years when the people will have a chance to once again go to the streets.

We should have gone to Iran instead of Iraq. It was a bigger threat and Iranians are pro-west and pro-American; we are not Arabs and we are fake Muslims. But don't tell me the international community shouldn't assist the Iranian people when we rise again. This is a regime that will kill every last Iranian to keep power and Iranians  in Iran don't have weapons. Remember, this is a regime that rapes virgins before executing them because they believe that "virgins go straight to heaven".

I for one on this 4th of July appreciative of the freedoms we have in the west in which some of us take for granted or fail to see what freedoms truly are. In Iran, I would be executed for being an atheist (apostate or kafar).

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Forum

Are homophobes really phobic?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Obfuskation 7 minutes ago. 20 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service