I think it is obvious that Christianity has become mostly benign and secularized for the most part and I don't see Christians subjugating their women and executing gays in the ways that take place in the Islamic world due to the quran and Hadith (the Hadith is the so-called writings of the prophet and his followers in which Islamic Shariah law is based from); but I see too many atheists tending to bash Christianity and giving excuses for Islam. Why is this so when according to the Islamic faith, we atheists are "kafar" should be the first ones killed before the Christians and Jews (especially me, since I am an apostate since I was "born" a Muslim); therefore, why do atheists tend to give excuses for the true evils of the Islamic faith??

Jesus Christ as a symbol (whether he was a real person or not) is a much better role model than the child molesting, murderous, and evil "prophet" called Muhammad. The Bible doesn't demand governments to be Christian but the Quran demands that all governments be Islamic by nature and the punishments are much more bizarre. In Islam, you can not even ask any questions about Muhammad or Allah but Christians and Jews are able to debate within themselves and ask questions. When a cartoon is drawn or a quran is burnt you see how savagely Muslims act throughout the world and those who are "moderate" instead of condemning the barbaric acts blame the "Salman Rushdie's" or the "Pastor" instead of placing blame on the perpetrators and culture of violence in the Islamic world. So why is it, that Christianity is often (in my opinion) overly criticized and Islam is not criticized enough when the gravest threat to the existence of the human race is surely an Islamic regime with nuclear weapons?? I'd like to get your opinions..

Views: 3538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's utter right-wing crap. You could always choose where you live and with whom. If any woman has a problem, she can go to the police/get divorced or whatever. There are laws against that behavior. If they are not enforced it's not due to the concept of multiculturalism but because of stupid politicians trying to get votes.

You are just defending the take-over of the word "multiculturalism" by the far-right who use it to rail against basic freedoms.

hahahaha so now David Cameron, Nicolas Sarkozy, and Angela Markel are all "utter right-wing crap"; what "intelligent insight" from you having much more knowledge and expertise than these three world leaders.

In addition, you fail to understand the difficulties women in Muslim communities have to be able to do such a thing. As David Cameron, Nicolas Sarkozy, Angela Merkel, Geert Wilders and others have said: enough is enough! The policies of multiculturalism have failed!

Exactly.  Either multiculturalism is a two way street or one side is simply committing suicide.
Selective bigotry. LOL

I don't know if this is true. Many atheists slam both equally. You probably hear more about christianity in this country just because we are such a christian nation. Christianity invades our lives and politics on a daily basis here. You could say we are on the front lines on the fight with christianity. Whereas, although we do have a growing muslim population, you don't hear about the fanatics as much. 

Having said that, islam and the koran are both choc full of violence and hate. In terms of keeping a people in the pre-modern world minset, islam takes the cake.

Hitch is a great example of someone who never hesitates to take on islam:

"Only in Islam has there been no reformation, and to this day any vernacular version of the Koran must still be printed with an Arabic parallel text. This out to arouse suspicion even in the slowest mind" - Hitchens

Having said that, islam and the koran are both choc full of violence and hate. In terms of keeping a people in the pre-modern world minset, islam takes the cake.

@ Robert - With Christianity you have this whole "Well the Old Testament was the Old Testament. Christians will now say they focus on the New Testament of Jesus Christ and his message of peace. That's what they say, anyway.

I don't know much about Islam but my impression is they don't have this separation of old and new fundamental Godhead behaviors. Could this be a factor in Islam being the most violent religion? 

another comment: Islam is arguably the most violent today but think back some: Jews (Hitler); then also Jews, Christians in the Roman times: heretics during the Inquisition etc etc. Violence is a manifestation of uncertainty and fear as well as intolerance (narrow/conservative mindsets) combined with a firm belief that total domination is the only way to go!

When you research how religions got their start, they were almost all born in violence and bloodshed (have a look at the Old Testament for example) but also in Mongolia, Muhammad etc etc.
This actually has a parallel in Christianity as the Catholic Bible was only translated from Latin relatively recently: "Pope Innocent III in 1199 banned unauthorized versions of the Bible as a reaction to the Cathar and Waldensian heresies. The synods of Toulouse and Tarragona (1234) outlawed possession of such renderings. There is evidence of some vernacular translations being permitted while others were being scrutinized.
The complete Bible was translated into Old French in the late 13th century. Parts of this translation were included in editions of the popular Bible historiale, and there is no evidence of this translation being suppressed by the Church.
The most notable Middle English Bible translation, Wyclif's Bible (1383), based on the Vulgate, was banned by the Oxford Synod in 1408. A Hungarian Hussite Bible appeared in the mid 15th century, and in 1478, a Catalan translation in the dialect of Valencia. Many parts of the Bible were printed by William Caxton in his translation of the Golden Legend, and in Speculum Vitae Christi (The Mirror of the Blessed Life of Jesus Christ)." (Wikipaedia)

The Reformation took place during the 16th Century while the Qu'ran is quite a recent religious work...circa 600AD so about 1400 years old...that would place it in line for a reformation round about now if Christianity is a measure (which it isn't). Makes one think given the socio-political upheavals in the Muslim world right now!

I think your seeing this as a personal observation because christianity is more common amongst the English speaking world. It has nothing to do with a bias of any kind other then language and location.

I dont personally find any one religion more or less idiotic then the next including islam, judeochristian, wiccan, pagan, olympian, viking... etc.

The atrocities and evil of islam do have their counterparts in christianity both practice genital mutilation of their children, both promote acts of violence against nonbelievers, both teach sexual repression as a standard fair to their people. The main difference is christians have become very good at being dismissive and explaining away their evils with the built in circular argument that god is good so evil done in his name is good not evil.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service