I think it is obvious that Christianity has become mostly benign and secularized for the most part and I don't see Christians subjugating their women and executing gays in the ways that take place in the Islamic world due to the quran and Hadith (the Hadith is the so-called writings of the prophet and his followers in which Islamic Shariah law is based from); but I see too many atheists tending to bash Christianity and giving excuses for Islam. Why is this so when according to the Islamic faith, we atheists are "kafar" should be the first ones killed before the Christians and Jews (especially me, since I am an apostate since I was "born" a Muslim); therefore, why do atheists tend to give excuses for the true evils of the Islamic faith??

Jesus Christ as a symbol (whether he was a real person or not) is a much better role model than the child molesting, murderous, and evil "prophet" called Muhammad. The Bible doesn't demand governments to be Christian but the Quran demands that all governments be Islamic by nature and the punishments are much more bizarre. In Islam, you can not even ask any questions about Muhammad or Allah but Christians and Jews are able to debate within themselves and ask questions. When a cartoon is drawn or a quran is burnt you see how savagely Muslims act throughout the world and those who are "moderate" instead of condemning the barbaric acts blame the "Salman Rushdie's" or the "Pastor" instead of placing blame on the perpetrators and culture of violence in the Islamic world. So why is it, that Christianity is often (in my opinion) overly criticized and Islam is not criticized enough when the gravest threat to the existence of the human race is surely an Islamic regime with nuclear weapons?? I'd like to get your opinions..

Tags: Atheism, Bible, Christianity, Hadith, Islam, Politics, Quran

Views: 1454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have no problem saying that Islam is a barbaric religion not fit to be out in public. I also have no problem in saying the actions of the US since WW11 have been much less than honorable when it comes to our foreign policy.

It's very easy to see the effects of neo-con policies in the last 10 years we have had 4 trillion of unfunded war debt and no end in sight. Do I have a problem with that? You bet your ass. I don't see the left in congress or the White House doing any thing to stop this policy.

Let's talk about the damaging effects of fighting wars with no end in sight with no way to pay for them.

Of course trump up the costs to fit your agenda. In addition, you don't care about cost, I'm sure you wish inside of yourself that the west collapses. And to say our policies have "failed"; we have gotten rid of Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden and have not had a terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11. Things haven't been perfect (Iran under the Islamic Republic was a bigger threat than Iraq) but the world is a better place without these two madmen. In contrast, you would think it would be better to have Taliban thugs in power brutalizing Afghan women and children. Again, you are one who consistently has sided with terrorists by claiming them to be "freedom fighters", that in itself speaks volumes.

The freedom movement throughout the Middle East is a direct consequence of the liberations of Afghanistan and Iraq. Bin Laden right after 9/11 had a majority popularity in the Islamic world; today and even before his death the Islamic world were sick of him. The world is a better place today than it was 10-years ago; and I for one am proud of our brave young men and women who have sacrificed their lives for the freedom and security of all free people.

The Eisenhower Research Project from Brown University's Watson Institute for International Studies states that the war over the past 10 years has cost 4 trillion dollars, on top of that that estimates the US will have to dedicate another 600 to 950 billion to in past and future care to veterans. We are now fighting wars on 3 fronts and admit Sassan you want us to go to war in Iran while you may go to work for the government in some fashion.

It's interesting that you how know where my interests are when you have such an easy time twisting what anyone say when it's not to your liking.

You will not find anywhere where I have made a statement saying Afghanistan would better off under the Taliban that is you twisting a statement to something it wasn't.

Show me where I side with terrorists.

You have explained how fearful you are and the fact you are willing to give up freedom because of it, that makes simply a fearful man not safer.Many of us know what freedom is about and giving it up because your fear we find repugnant.

I have spoken out on the need for the assistance of the international community in the liberation of Iran. That is not wanting to "annihilate the Middle East". In approximately 2-years when the Iranian people rise again during their next round of fake elections and start to protest again, I would hope and the Iranian people would hope the international community through NATO and the west would assist the Iranian people against the most barbaric and dangerous regime - not only to the Iranian people, but to the international community as this terrorist regime is nearing an acquirement of nuclear weapons - in which all bets for democracy would be off as this illegal regime would hold the Iranian people and the international community hostage.

This is a regime that rapes our young sisters in jail before executing them so that they don't die as virgins as they believe "virgins go straight to heaven". This is a regime unlike the Shah that has no feelings whatsoever for the Iranian populace and will kill every last Iranian to keep power because they are commanded by Allah.

I feel strongly that in approx. 2-years, the international community must stand firmly with the Iranian people and block off ports including the oil port of Hormuz as well as assisting with airstrikes to strategic sites of the Hizbollah, Basij, and other paramilitary forces. Several former Islamic Republic sources (who were deep inside the regime) continue connections with the inner workings of Hizbollah and Basij (i.e. Mohsen Sazegara who helped found the Revolutionary Guards and Reza Kahlili-former revolutionary guards/CIA spy who helped leak the "hidden imam" video produced by the regime) have provided proof and demonstrated several leading commanders of the regime would defect. Even the Ayatollah Khomeini's grandson (who is a Mullah) has stated he would support the U.S. to assist the Iranian people in overthrowing the regime. So, do I want war? NO. But, it might be necessary and inevitable and I do want to see my people free and I would assist in any way possible to help accomplish this - including joining the military or other branches of government that deals with those sorts of things.

As for the Patriot Act, I believe in protecting our citizens from terrorists. The U.K. is doing fine with their CCTV system and I don't hear them complaining. Even President Obama supports the Patriot Acts as necessary law enforcement measures that has helped keep our country safe and protect us from terrorist attacks. So, I believe in a strong national security and strong measures to keep us safe - that is not giving up "freedoms". You have no clue what "freedoms" are until you spend time inside of a country like Iran and see what the Iranian people are going through. It is no surprise the Iranian people are a pro-American, pro-west, and even pro-Bush people. President Bush is more popular inside of Iran than President Obama.

I will state one more time who this is coming from: this is coming from an individual (Jim Minion) who stated that the Taliban and terrorists that have been attacking the populace of Afghanistan and Iraq respectively - as well as our troops - are legitimate "resistant fighters" and I believe you called them freedom fighters. That says enough about your intentions and credibility.

You can brush up and talk a good game. But obviously you don't support western liberalization and democracy.

"I will state one more time who this is coming from: this is coming from an individual (Jim Minion) who stated that the Taliban and terrorists that have been attacking the populace of Afghanistan and Iraq respectively - as well as our troops - are legitimate "resistant fighters" and I believe you called them freedom fighters."

Show me where I said that. I fought for the US not just talked about.  

When are you enlisting in this fight, when we go to war in Iran? Or you will join some other part of the government LOL really?

Question for you tough guy, You stated that we need to send a message to Islam either play by our rules or else. Question, they have the oil we want and we have shown the willingness to take it, in Iraq's case by an unprovoked war, is that going to be the plan into the future, will just keep taking what we want and in your words "we won't kill as many as their evil government does", they will be better off dead by western hands rather than Islam's?

We didn't go to war in Iraq for oil. That is simply from a lack of critical thinking. I will provide you with your own quotes in a little later from what you had stated several weeks back. I don't have to go into the details of how I would help or what my career ambitions may be, that is neither here or there (there is more than one way to help other than being in the military); and sadly some nations (such as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan) have a populace more extreme and radical than their own governments.

And yes, if Saddam and the Taliban had remained in power more of their people would have died the past 10-years than innocent lives we have inflicted upon their populace. In addition, now they are free and the majority of Afghans and Iraqis appreciate our sacrifice - particularly Afghans. Afghans are descent people for the most part and every Afghan I have been in contact with are appreciative of our help - they just fear our pulling out and leaving them such as that occurred after the Soviet - Afghan war - something I am sure that you advocate - bottom line Jim, you don't care much about human life. You simply care for being anti-west and blaming the west for everything. You are one of those people I talked about in my premise - actually, there is no individual that I have come in contact with that better describes my original premise than you - not for what you have or haven't said on this thread, but from my previous communications with you and knowing where you stand on such issues.

And America "keeps taking"; didn't you just mention the costs? The costs outweigh the "profits", right? That pretty much dismisses your "we're at war for oil" nonsense.

"I will provide you with your own quotes in a little later from what you had stated several weeks back. I don't have to go into the details of how I would help or what my career ambitions may be, that is neither here or there (there is more than one way to help other than being in the military)"

Another hawk sending someone else to do the heavy lifting, some how I'm not surprised.

bottom line Jim, you don't care much about human life.

I don't agree with you so I don't care, rather an arrogant statement.

I guess I should like you, understand when the west kills them it because we care because they then are dieing for the right reasons.

And America "keeps taking"; didn't you just mention the costs? The costs outweigh the "profits", right? That pretty much dismisses your "we're at war for oil" nonsense.

Question who is going to pay for this, The top two percent of food chain, the corporate world? No, it is going to be the average American and at the same time Exon and friends makes record profits while congress lowers their taxes. You can twist "it cost more than we receive" and your right cause most on this forum are the ones paying, but the corporate world does profit along with the politicians that keep receiving campaign contributions.

Have a fearful night, hide while you try talk others into keeping you safe.

I am slowly reading through your past posts (it is kind of difficult to find but I finally found Mike's thread) and here is a quote from you being an apologist for the Taliban.

Sassan

Is the Taliban made up of the Afghans or some other people?

So, you trying to make it seem like the "Taliban are just normal Afghan people" and that they don't represent "terrorists" but rather than the populace when there is nothing close to what you inferred. The Taliban are the enemy of the Afghan people.

I will post more soon...just browsing through the thread.

Asking a question on the make up of the Taliban is being a apologist? Your are grasping at straws.

It's a question not a statement, do you understand the difference?

Sassan the history of Western culture is the history of white men. If your going to tell me that the Western culture has not committed any atrocities then you are not rational on this subject.

You are the Evangelical Patriot.

Now tell me dear Jim, where do you think the world would be today without the Enlightenment and all the great thinkers, scientists, and progressives of western culture? You seem to be stuck in a sick "blame blame whitey" or "blame blame the west" without giving any credit for the advancements of technology, medicine, and scientific knowledge enabled directly by our western culture which values individuality, free thought, and competition.

Colonialism ever heard of it? Of course not it is in a history book.

But how does this excuse Islam in any way?

Were all things?  No.  But the Taliban left them alone as long as they obeyed their version of Sharia Law.

Here's an Islamic apologist posting by Reggie. I'm sure "the Taliban left them alone" when the fact is Sharia law curtails every aspect of a person's life - whether women can work, girls can get an education, men can shave their beards or children watching television or playing with kites. That had to be one of the most ignorant statements I have read on here (there has been many).

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service