I think it is obvious that Christianity has become mostly benign and secularized for the most part and I don't see Christians subjugating their women and executing gays in the ways that take place in the Islamic world due to the quran and Hadith (the Hadith is the so-called writings of the prophet and his followers in which Islamic Shariah law is based from); but I see too many atheists tending to bash Christianity and giving excuses for Islam. Why is this so when according to the Islamic faith, we atheists are "kafar" should be the first ones killed before the Christians and Jews (especially me, since I am an apostate since I was "born" a Muslim); therefore, why do atheists tend to give excuses for the true evils of the Islamic faith??

Jesus Christ as a symbol (whether he was a real person or not) is a much better role model than the child molesting, murderous, and evil "prophet" called Muhammad. The Bible doesn't demand governments to be Christian but the Quran demands that all governments be Islamic by nature and the punishments are much more bizarre. In Islam, you can not even ask any questions about Muhammad or Allah but Christians and Jews are able to debate within themselves and ask questions. When a cartoon is drawn or a quran is burnt you see how savagely Muslims act throughout the world and those who are "moderate" instead of condemning the barbaric acts blame the "Salman Rushdie's" or the "Pastor" instead of placing blame on the perpetrators and culture of violence in the Islamic world. So why is it, that Christianity is often (in my opinion) overly criticized and Islam is not criticized enough when the gravest threat to the existence of the human race is surely an Islamic regime with nuclear weapons?? I'd like to get your opinions..

Tags: Atheism, Bible, Christianity, Hadith, Islam, Politics, Quran

Views: 1589

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here is an example of what Sassan may be referring to. why is there no outrage? no angry rebuke from the muslim leadership and why is there no condemnation from any religious group to this not singular event.

if you watch the video carefully, i am positive you can see a minorah <spelling> behind the undertaker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpImdawOJLw&feature=youtu.be

from what i can tell, there is NO moderation in islam today. that is not to say that judaism or christianity are better as aspects of the 3 of them keep them at war with each other ideologically and there can be no acceptance or tolerance of the other as they may have the same root, but they do not accept the other in any true sense of the word. Islamists are taught that all non-islamists are infidels and deserve to die. not much room for discussion there! Christianity and Judaism are both full of hate and violence and any 'good' from the bible or the torah must be accepted by ignoring all the over-whelming wrath and hatred that yahweh/jehovah/jesus spew forth. IF you want a good book on this subject, read "The End of Faith" by Sam Harris. he lays it out much better than i can.

You seriously don't see the difference between male circumcision and female genital mutilation??

Most muslims in Europe do not live in enclaves.

I don't know about the rest of Europe but here in Ireland they do live in enclaves. They are enclosed, they are shut off from the rest of us. It's hard to see a successful integration as long as this is the case.

Anyone who speaks the truth is labeled a "bigot" from your side. Do you even know who Ayaan Hirsi Ali is or her life background and experience??
ahhhh "islamophobic people" and a cry of "unfair reporting"; how "unexpected"
Great link James! Thanks.
Historically, christianity is the bloodthirstiest organization EVER upon the earth.  Islam is 700 years behind.  Islam, too, recognizes "people of the book." Christ-tardity never granted toleration to ANYONE, even fellow christ-tards (Siege of Beziers, e.g.).
The quran "technically recognizes people of the book" but calls for the jihad and violence against "non-obedient Christians and Jews" (esp. Jews) consistently. And I am assuming you have some real knowledge on Islam as you've read at the minimum the quran?

Oh for crying out loud.

Hemlock, cyanide.... neither is better then the other

Both poison. Quit playing can you top this religion.

I don't know any atheists who are giving excuses for Islam, none.

Not all atheists...Please don't speak for me... All religions are insane..

Maybe some "Females " do , but not this one... :)

RSS

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 2 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service