I think it is obvious that Christianity has become mostly benign and secularized for the most part and I don't see Christians subjugating their women and executing gays in the ways that take place in the Islamic world due to the quran and Hadith (the Hadith is the so-called writings of the prophet and his followers in which Islamic Shariah law is based from); but I see too many atheists tending to bash Christianity and giving excuses for Islam. Why is this so when according to the Islamic faith, we atheists are "kafar" should be the first ones killed before the Christians and Jews (especially me, since I am an apostate since I was "born" a Muslim); therefore, why do atheists tend to give excuses for the true evils of the Islamic faith??

Jesus Christ as a symbol (whether he was a real person or not) is a much better role model than the child molesting, murderous, and evil "prophet" called Muhammad. The Bible doesn't demand governments to be Christian but the Quran demands that all governments be Islamic by nature and the punishments are much more bizarre. In Islam, you can not even ask any questions about Muhammad or Allah but Christians and Jews are able to debate within themselves and ask questions. When a cartoon is drawn or a quran is burnt you see how savagely Muslims act throughout the world and those who are "moderate" instead of condemning the barbaric acts blame the "Salman Rushdie's" or the "Pastor" instead of placing blame on the perpetrators and culture of violence in the Islamic world. So why is it, that Christianity is often (in my opinion) overly criticized and Islam is not criticized enough when the gravest threat to the existence of the human race is surely an Islamic regime with nuclear weapons?? I'd like to get your opinions..

Tags: Atheism, Bible, Christianity, Hadith, Islam, Politics, Quran

Views: 1414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The ones who don't are fake Muslims (and there are millions of them worldwide - esp. in Iran) - but that doesn't take away the fact that these violent text are the basis of Islamic and Shariah law.

hey may say they do, but you and I both know differently, because we're atheists and we know that 1300 year old texts have NOTHING to say to human beings in the 21st century.

They may mean nothing to us but mean EVERYTHING to millions of people worldwide; and by the governments oppressing their people based on Shariah law. Again, you are either disingenuous or quite naive.

All human beings base their lives on their relationship to the resources around them, the way their communities ration and distribute those resources, the conflicts they get into with competing communities.  The influences of the here-and-now are far more important than some old scripture in determining how people live their lives

Not for Muslims who follow true Islamic beliefs. The "here and now" mean very little. "They love death more than you love life"

With the U.K., the monarchy is a figure head. The U.K. is a secular country. You are quite comical.

lol quite comical; i have to run have a good night y'all; that was truly hilarious
lolololol @ Muslims "following a similar process as Christians"; you are truly naive and have no understanding of Islam or Islamic belief. Muslims don't get to pick and choose like Christians do as the "quran is the unadulterated word of god to Muhammad"; therefore, if you don't have the most basic knowledge, understanding, and undisputed aspects of Islam; I don't know how fruitful our jib-jabbing really is.

OH my I could not disagree more.  One of my closest friends is an ex-muslim from Lebanon.  We have had a Saudi student come stay at our house and made sure we met his dietary needs as a muslim.  I learned my absolute love of Indian food from one of my best friends in college that invited me to eat with him at the end of Ramadan when I ate my first curry chicken with naan and almond rice. (now i am hungry!!).  

It is no different with the superstitious here.  There are family and friends I dearly love that are Christians that send money to the most vile and hateful Evangelist and Whack job Evangelical & Catholics alive today.  BUT! There are way more Mohammed Atta being made in Islamic countries than there are Timothy McVeighs in Christian countries. 

To answer the question posited in the post's title: we don't. At least I don't. I accept their right to their beliefs, but I'm just as vocal in my criticism of Islamic religion as I am any other religion.

I would accept the notion that I don't go on the attack often enough. But I've taken it on when it comes to my attention. Examples 1, 23, 4, 5 

But that's out of more than 100 blogs. I suppose I, and others could write much more. How about Might Mo and his killing of a man while drunk then outlawing drinking for all since he couldn't hold his liquor. Or the fact that he had his adopted son divorce his wife because he wanted her for himself. This list of him being a douche bag would go on and on. Moral leader indeed. 

Islam is like the spoiled, pissed off, jealous little brother of the Abrahamic religions, and I completely agree with you.  Islam should not be a sensitive topic at all. It should be met head-on, with the full force of rational & ethical thought & justice that any other religion that commits crimes against humanity deserves.  Islam uses scare tactics that seem to work on a certain level with people in free, democratic nations.  Well to hell with all of that!  Either Islam joins the rest of humanity in the 21st century, or it's voice should no longer be heard.
The Muslims who have committed said crimes have done so in the name of Islam, which gives explicit instructions for them to do so in the Qur'an (which you admit you have not read) and the Haddith (which you probably have not read either). The majority of Muslims, who have not committed crimes against humanity, which depending on what you view as a crime in the long list of morally unacceptable things in the religion in regards to human well being, have not done so in spite of the explicit instructions of those holy books, not because of it. How long are you going to make a fool of yourself on this thread before you stop being stubborn and go educate yourself as to what is actually going on with this "cult of death" (as Sam Harris would say). You're not doing yourself any favors walking into verbal battle guns blazing without the lay of the land.

Ryan, the KKK never hanged anyone. Individuals did that. The Mafia does not promote patella relocation services. It's not the Russian Mafia that trades sex slaves on the E55 in Czech, it's just some individuals. There is no reason to bust the Mafia's balls. Just because there is doctrine and repeated behavior of violence from the first days of their inception doesn't mean that you should judge the doctrine. They are mostly just friendly guys getting together and hanging out. Most are just drivers and product salesmen. Ask their mothers, these are good boys.  

lololol that was classic Gaytor
AKicktotheEye: I couldn't have said it better my friend. :)

This is an interesting idea, so if they decide they don't want to play well with others what will happen?

The west has a problem, these people have the oil and that is why we are there.

They have what we want and they don't like how we have treated them in the past or present. Oh that's right we can't look the history of the region it's 2011.

We still need the oil, how do you suggest we make this work?

Now your last line sounds like you think genocide maybe the answer?

RSS

Blog Posts

The Void of Silence

Posted by Carol Foley on July 31, 2014 at 11:02pm 0 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service