I think it is obvious that Christianity has become mostly benign and secularized for the most part and I don't see Christians subjugating their women and executing gays in the ways that take place in the Islamic world due to the quran and Hadith (the Hadith is the so-called writings of the prophet and his followers in which Islamic Shariah law is based from); but I see too many atheists tending to bash Christianity and giving excuses for Islam. Why is this so when according to the Islamic faith, we atheists are "kafar" should be the first ones killed before the Christians and Jews (especially me, since I am an apostate since I was "born" a Muslim); therefore, why do atheists tend to give excuses for the true evils of the Islamic faith??

Jesus Christ as a symbol (whether he was a real person or not) is a much better role model than the child molesting, murderous, and evil "prophet" called Muhammad. The Bible doesn't demand governments to be Christian but the Quran demands that all governments be Islamic by nature and the punishments are much more bizarre. In Islam, you can not even ask any questions about Muhammad or Allah but Christians and Jews are able to debate within themselves and ask questions. When a cartoon is drawn or a quran is burnt you see how savagely Muslims act throughout the world and those who are "moderate" instead of condemning the barbaric acts blame the "Salman Rushdie's" or the "Pastor" instead of placing blame on the perpetrators and culture of violence in the Islamic world. So why is it, that Christianity is often (in my opinion) overly criticized and Islam is not criticized enough when the gravest threat to the existence of the human race is surely an Islamic regime with nuclear weapons?? I'd like to get your opinions..

Tags: Atheism, Bible, Christianity, Hadith, Islam, Politics, Quran

Views: 1576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Being an atheist is in essence denouncing all religions equally. Your arguments are biased. Since you've elaborated on absolute knowledge in islamic rituals,  tell me if I'm wrong. The enforcement of norms occurs in one way only , the presence of mores and sanctions that provide limits for people's actions. Similarly in religion(islam), if two people have sex, they are promised execution. WHEN? When four different witnesses are proven to have seen them having intercourse, not lying in bed naked. Who is going to have sex in public in a muslim state? The enforcement of religions occurs when you spread fear. If christianity has no boundaries and accepts everyone who has sinned(That's your claim not mine.), then how is it valid as a religion? The concept of sin would be jeopardized. If God accepts everything, no one would be scared of sinning. Christianity provides profound guidelines on how people should act. The deep essence of religion is to stabilize society. Do not bombard a religion based on your personal bias. I denounce both religions equally based on their beliefs, not how they enforce their beliefs.

According to who is "being atheist in essence denouncing all religions equally"? And I don't find myself biased since I have knowledge in both Christianity and Islam and have read both the Bible and the Quran and have an understanding of both.

You are one of those giving false excuses for Islam. The four witnesses are easily acquired and there not need to be any real evidence other than so called witnesses. You don't need the four witnesses if one of forced to confess by torture which is too often the case.

I rather have a religion that accepts everyone's sins than have a religion that enforces moral laws. As a former Muslim I assume you are, I think you are still stuck in the victim-hood stage despite being a non-believer. As a non-believer and former Muslim, you should know yourself that you as an apostate should be the first one executed before the Jews and Christians. At least Christians forgive "everyone's sins" and are forgiving. You seem to be making the case that "moral law is a good thing" and that "Islam stabilizes societies". And as a former Muslim, you yourself should know that Islam is more than a religion - it is a system of governance - a system of law - a system of politics - a system of total state control.

I suggest you watching the following Sam Harris clip in regards to your notion "being an atheist is in essence denouncing all religions equally":

"I rather have a religion that accepts everyone's sins than have a religion that enforces moral laws." You are addressing me as if you are a christian and I'm a muslim.

I think that moral law introduced by Islam at that time was a good way to shift from the reality back then. I completely believe that Islam ( as a system of governance) fails miserably. Islam's beliefs are very relative to the geography and culture at that time. You should know that is why I denounce it as a religion.

You don't understand that I'm not arguing in favor of islam. I'm arguing against the comparison. If we are to compare we have to compare the culture, the time, the geography. Islam's violence is consistent with the way of life back then, in that specific area. 

It's definitely not okay to kill people if you don't achieve the sought conformity.

Why is it that you posted this whole thing in the first place? How does it serve you as an atheist to argue in favor of a religion against another?

You are addressing me as if you are a christian and I'm a muslim.

I am addressing you as someone who is concerned for the well being of humanity.

I think that moral law introduced by Islam at that time was a good way to shift from the reality back then.

I can't point to one good thing Islam brought. It brought havoc and chaos from its founding and its evil child molesting prophet. It ruined great civilizations such as the great ancient Egyptian and Persian eras.

You don't understand that I'm not arguing in favor of islam. I'm arguing against the comparison. If we are to compare we have to compare the culture, the time, the geography. Islam's violence is consistent with the way of life back then, in that specific area.

The problem is, that it is still going on today nearly everywhere it is practiced. I again suggest you watch the video I posted above in which Sam Harris discusses this very matter. We must differentiate between Islam and Christianity due to the fact that Christianity has been able to modernize and secularize for the most part while Islam continues to live in the Dark Ages and worse.

As an atheist, someone who is anti-Islamic because it faces a grave threat to humanity; I think we as atheists need to stop giving excuses to Islam in the name of multiculturalism and confront the evils we face in fighting Islamic fascists. As an Iranian, Islam has destroyed my once great nation and the nation is now occupied by a group of maniacs who want to bring an end to the world (as they have openly professed) by an end-to-the-world and the return of the "hidden imam". Now these apocalyptic madmen are about to acquire nuclear weapons. We face gave threats as a human species and it surely comes from Islamic "extremists" acquiring such weapons.

Video produced by the Islamic regime themselves in discussing the "return of the hidden imam":

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371240/Woman-29-sues-UAE-h...

it doesnt stated there, but i've read in another article that "its also takes 4 witness to confirm a rape"

sounds like a great place for rapist :D *i'm may be biased since i'm only reading from the victim view without knowing the whole story since there arent any*

btw execution by stone to death only approved WHEN the couple / one of the party request for it (if one or both of them arent tied to marriage) OR one or both parties already married to another couple (having affair) CMIIW

this type of execution alone are differ in each region and country, such as in Indonesia where islam is the highest populated muslim..this execution is forbidden even in the shariah law permission ed region.

In Iran, stoning is still practiced (albeit rare) and in fact, is a sentence given out (as you said) if the spouse requests it; but Iran has undergone a drastic "de-evolution" since 1979' it truly makes one shed a tear.

And your article beautifully highlights the evils of Islam in which women who are raped are afraid to come forward as they are the ones often persecuted and even executed for "having sex outside of their marriage" even though they were themselves raped. :( so sad...so sad..

"I can't point to one good thing Islam brought. It brought havoc and chaos from its founding and its evil child molesting prophet. It ruined great civilizations such as the great ancient Egyptian and Persian eras."

Before Islam, the masters used to have sex with the enslaved women. The women would then give birth to children who are then not entitled to have the father's name, inherit anything and are also enslaved. They were not allowed to marry... Islam stated that there could be no intercourse without marriage, stopped slavery, and narrowed down the number of women you can marry. The introduction of the Quran meant that people should learn how to read after people were all ignorant. The era itself is called the ignorance era. That's what I'm talking about.

As for the rest of your reply. People know how much injustice there is in Saudi Arabia and Iran. However, arguing in favor of christianity isn't going to do the people there any good.

I'm sorry, but in Islam the masters didn't have sex with slave women? Are you joking? In Islam your slave women are considered your "right hand" and you are allowed to do as you wish with them and do not even need to inform your wife. In Islam, slaves caught on the battle field are considered your "right hand" and are your property and they have no right to say no and you can pass them around as they are your "property" (hence not only rape but gang rape) and what the Islamic thugs did to our young sisters in Tehran after the 2009' protests were completely legal and justified by the quran: (Sura 4:24) “Also prohibited are] women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (referring to slave women) …” Again, in Islam, you can do whatever you require of your slave women, and they are considered “your right hand” hence property, and do not have the moral restrictions you do with married women; and can do as you wish of them like your property. So pass them along as property if you like…

And while you're at it, get yourself a 9-year old wife.

Islam stated that there could be no intercourse without marriage, stopped slavery, and narrowed down the number of women you can marry.

Truly unbelievable in your assertions of completely false statements or flat out lies. As I have stated, your slave women are like your "right hand" and no marriage is necessary. Why would you say such (**** moderater edit***) false facts as an atheist? Islam did not only not stop slavery it increased it and made it more rampant. In addition, reducing the number of women you can marry? Like 4 by Sunnis and the basically unlimited number of "temporary marriages" (or Sigheh) Shiites can have ranging from a few hours to X number of years?

mistyped, i meant *where islam is the highest populated religion* even in the world statistically~
Believe me, I am no fan of Christianity either. IT disgusts me Christians try to impose their values upon society. You and I just have a relativism to put different religions into their proper perspectives.

RSS

Blog Posts

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 1 Comment

Fruit of the Womb

Posted by Carol Foley on October 16, 2014 at 5:58pm 12 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service