I think it is obvious that Christianity has become mostly benign and secularized for the most part and I don't see Christians subjugating their women and executing gays in the ways that take place in the Islamic world due to the quran and Hadith (the Hadith is the so-called writings of the prophet and his followers in which Islamic Shariah law is based from); but I see too many atheists tending to bash Christianity and giving excuses for Islam. Why is this so when according to the Islamic faith, we atheists are "kafar" should be the first ones killed before the Christians and Jews (especially me, since I am an apostate since I was "born" a Muslim); therefore, why do atheists tend to give excuses for the true evils of the Islamic faith??

Jesus Christ as a symbol (whether he was a real person or not) is a much better role model than the child molesting, murderous, and evil "prophet" called Muhammad. The Bible doesn't demand governments to be Christian but the Quran demands that all governments be Islamic by nature and the punishments are much more bizarre. In Islam, you can not even ask any questions about Muhammad or Allah but Christians and Jews are able to debate within themselves and ask questions. When a cartoon is drawn or a quran is burnt you see how savagely Muslims act throughout the world and those who are "moderate" instead of condemning the barbaric acts blame the "Salman Rushdie's" or the "Pastor" instead of placing blame on the perpetrators and culture of violence in the Islamic world. So why is it, that Christianity is often (in my opinion) overly criticized and Islam is not criticized enough when the gravest threat to the existence of the human race is surely an Islamic regime with nuclear weapons?? I'd like to get your opinions..

Tags: Atheism, Bible, Christianity, Hadith, Islam, Politics, Quran

Views: 1468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that law did not pass, but only after the west lobbied heavily, 1.6 million signatures on a petition and tens of thousands of calls.
Good to know! ...I had stopped keeping up what the Uganda superstitious were up to.  It tended to make my chest feel tight and my face flush.  It also made me want to go on crusade (hehe) against the superstitious American nitwits that were helping motivate the Ugandans (is that the right plural for Uganda??) toward murder and then denying it here in the USA. 

That's kind of like arguing that the Osama Bin Laden's of the world are equivalent to the Timothy McVeigh's, isn't it?

And to your previous point, this isn't about me being "declared" a victor. It is about addressing these vital issues which I hold in such high regard. It has nothing to do with me; it has to do with the issue and for calling out those masochists who consistently give excuses for Islam and/or blame the west for everything. On different issues I converse differently depending on the issue; but sometimes confrontational tactics are necessary. People have different styles. For example, Christopher Hitchens differs from Richard Dawkins who differs from Ayaan Hirsi Ali etc etc. And Christopher Hitchens is quite a provocateur himself. People just have different styles depending on the topic. Again, many people disagreed with me on this thread and I did not attack them verbally and actually genuinly appreciate their input.

I'll bite. What's the difference between Osama and McVeigh?

OK, here's one. OBL was able to get 20 people willing to commit suicide for his cause while he sat back and watched. He was able to build a network of suicidally fanatic followers because the islamic world is saturated with poor, itnorant, miserable whackos who are so brainwashed by mohammed's lies they're willing to kill themselves to get their 72 sex slaves.

In america little timmy only had a couple friends helping him, because it's harder to get suicide volunteers in a society not founded on and dominated by extremist religious fanaticism, ignorance and brainwashing.

Too bad the teabaggers are out to turn america into a "talabaptist" state.

Notice how you used "little timnmy" vs OBL. Why not let the evidence speak rather than lead your audience? Both killed over what they read in a book. Turner Diaries vs Qu'ran. Both risked it all to piss off the US Government and in retaliation. I'm not sure that I recognize a difference.
I didn't ignore it, I didn't address it because it's not important to the effect or act, nor is it accurate. Saying Timothy McVeigh was nearly alone ignores the movement that was going on at the time. There was a huge white supremacist movement going on at the time. They got all of their plans from the Turner Diaries. And it's always been assumed that beyond Nichols, there were many others involved and witnesses as being with McVeigh. He was in no way alone.
Has there been repeat attacks ever since? NO. It was an isolated incident. Just like the abortion clinic bombers. In addition, no one in the Christian community "held Timothy McVeigh up as a hero" or a "martyr". Doesn't that speak volumes??

You aren't correct. So no, it doesn't speak volumes. There have been acts of violence, just none as successful as McVeigh. In the US since Oklahoma, there have been nearly 60 plots that have been interrupted. Story on this. Was McVeigh hailed as a hero? Type it into Google and when you get through the 200k pages, I think that you'll agree that some thought so. 

McVeigh will live on as a martyr and inspire others for decades, just like bin Laden. They both sought to force the US Government to change via terrorism. They both got the ideology from a book that also inspires new youth. The only difference is in their level of success. 

I was doing that to mock mcveigh and his descendants, the teabaggers.

BTW, I'm glad someone was able to see what I was saying and not ignore it. There's a hell of a divverence between christian culture and muslim culture. Even today very few of the hardline white supremacists and christianofascists are willing to die for their cause, whereas in muslim culture suicide bombers seem to be around a dime a dozen.

Also, in a christian sate you can mock christianity and usually be mostly safe. Speak out against that pedophile mohommad in a muslim country and you're dead.

I don't think that you are giving Christianity enough credit. I'll just leave this here. http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-al...
Most atheists that you meet on the internet live in countries where Christians are the bullies.  They don't know how bad Islam is and sympathize with anyone "bullied" by the Christians.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service