It almost seems like atheists don't want to believe in God. Do you just simply not want to believe in God because you don't want to give up your own free will?

ADMIN EDIT: Mercedes has left ThinkAtheist.com on her own accord. This discussion will remain, however do not expect a response from the author. 

~Dan.

Views: 11607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're supposed to revere him because he made us. We do the same thing with the things we create. We make a car and we drive it, we breed dogs and we train them, why wouldn't the God of the universe ask for reverence? 

We're supposed to revere him because he made us. We do the same thing with the things we create. We make a car and we drive it, we breed dogs and we train them, why wouldn't the God of the universe ask for reverence?

Indeed, why wouldn't the all-powerful sky monster torture you for eternity unless you don't?

How does that prove God exists, Mercedes?

eternity is a small part of God's promises to us.

The difference being if i buy a dog and it decides it likes my sister more than me i dont end up sending it away to be tortured for eternity, and if i did it wouldmake me a psychopath

Here, we see the theist perform an exciting manouver: The side-step. When a theist is out of their natural habitat and struggling to survive, they use this manouver to avoid being overwhelmed by logic.

LOL....nice.

...we require reverence from our vehicles? I don't think I've ever made anything and expected it to revere me. Dogs are pretty reverent, but cats sure as hell aren't. I like cats better, and I like them better because they're independent. I don't need to be worshiped. And I do find it kinda pathetic that the alleged GOD OF THE UNIVERSE would need/require worship. He seems to be over-compensating for something.

My car can go to Hell, or better yet, I will give it to my youngest daughter.  Her name means "Destroyer of Cell Phones and Cars" in Native american.  I swear!

@Cara Coleen;

"He seems to be over-compensating for something."

The doG of the universe has a very small penis.  I know it's true because I read it in an dusty old book...proof. :D

it's a two way relationship of love, I think

No, Mercedes.

I demand that you love me, and I will love you back too, but if you don't love me, I will torture you for all eternity.

That is an abusive relationship, not a loving one. Forcing love on someone, as I have said on one of your other comments in a different post, is called rape.

If he loved us, he'd leave us alone. FOREVER.

It would be kind of fun to try filing for a restraining order if one had time and money to waste.

RSS

Forum

FROM THE WORD OF GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk. Last reply by Stephen Gunn 2 hours ago. 10 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Emperor Milos 2 hours ago. 77 Replies

Lobby

Started by Glen L in Small Talk. Last reply by captain kingsway 7 hours ago. 8 Replies

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp 16 hours ago. 13 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 19 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service