It almost seems like atheists don't want to believe in God. Do you just simply not want to believe in God because you don't want to give up your own free will?

ADMIN EDIT: Mercedes has left ThinkAtheist.com on her own accord. This discussion will remain, however do not expect a response from the author. 

~Dan.

Views: 11622

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not usually reply to these discussions much anymore, but you have gone to far Mercedes.

Instead of god having his only son killed, why didn't he just plant a tree?

After creating the whole universe in all it's diversity, another tree that could forgive sin seems a very simple matter!

We now know the universe is a very big place, consider there could be billions of worlds with god's imperfect creations that need a jebus sacrifice. He has to abide by the same rules, you know.

I still cannot get my mind around the concept of an all powerful god that cannot forgive sin without a blood sacrifice of some kind.  

I guess we humans have a higher standard than your god, no animals were harmed during the making of this film. 

I decide to leave think atheist. Thank you everyone. I enjoy this conversation. I will not change my faith and I love God with all my heart. I do not want to cause any problems. Bye.

Is that of your own personal choice or someone else's choice?

But good luck on your journey in life

It almost always happens.  Cognitive dissonance is a painful experience.  Some tenacious few make it through the pain and come out on the other side, free.  I rejoice for them.

So how many Atheist did she convince to give up their false hopes and beliefs and join her in her love of her doG?

Show of hands please.

And glad we are of it. :-)

@Belle:  Your example warms us all :)

Is THAT what that was? I thought it was heartburn from the chili I had for lunch --

So, I guess, yeah, Belle/Sarah/Jessica - what she said --

I thanked Haysoos, was that close enough?

Mentioning Sancho reminded me of Don Quixote de la Mancha, which reminded me of suits of armor, which made me wonder, "How did they go to the bathroom in those things?"

With great difficulties.  It actually involves partially disarmouring.  One learns very quickly to be sure to relieve yourself prior to armouring up.  It helps that we tend to get dehydrated, which leads to lower urination requirements.  Yes, I have worn (and actually currently own) armour in the context of combat.  :-)

Urination really wasn't my greatest concern.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 11 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service