I feel compelled to point out something very obvious that everybody seems to be missing. 

But lets start at the beginning where every good story should start. In the past few years more and more right wing religious leaders seem to be jumping on the Gay bashing band wagon. These people seem to be getting more and more vocal and more and more media coverage. 

Perhaps its time we stopped listening and took a moment to think about why? 

Lets look at the real threat of Homosexuality toward Christianity. Does it look like homosexuals are ever going to be able to do anything to change Christianity and its core beliefs? 

It certainly doesn’t look like it to me, so why are these people so focused calling out homosexuality? 

I’ll tell you why: 

DISTRACTION.

But why do they want to distract us? Lets look at the reality. 

There are very many serious issues that these super rich Christian organizations could address and actually do something about. 

For instance Child Poverty and Starvation.
Did you know that One out of every eight children under the age of twelve in the U.S. goes to bed hungry every night.  (source:http://library.thinkquest.org/C002291/high/present/stats.htm ) 

This is of course a real problem that these super rich Christian Churches could immediately resolve. They have more than enough money to feed these children so why are they not doing it?

Surely that is exactly what Christ would expect them to do? 

In fact they have more than enough cash to make a big difference in the fight against child poverty world wide. This is what Christianity is all about isn’t it?

And there are many other things they could help with too. Providing better and free education, free medical services for those in poverty and so on. The list goes on and on. 
The needs of the less fortunate should be something every true christian aches to fulfill and I always thought that was what Christianity was all about so what is going on here? 

Again the answer seems obvious: 
These kind of Christians are not really interested in what Christ would want them to do, they are only interested in keeping hold of and getting more money.

So they take the focus away from their Satanic selfishness by calling out the homosexual community for living exactly as God (Yes I know he does not exist) intended. They encourage prejudice and manipulate the public focus drawing it well away from their own shortcomings and placing it directly onto the homosexual community.They know they will get called out on this stuff, but that’s the point.. 
While we are all focused on how terrible the things they are saying about one sector of society are we are not focused in how they are totally failing as Christians in the really important areas of society and so we are not calling them out on this

So next time you are unfortunate enough to hear one of these offensive hate speeches instead of calling them out about what they just said try responding with something like this:

“You tell us feel that homosexuals should be ashamed of their behavior, but don’t you feel that, as a leader of a Church that receives millions of dollars of donations every year, you should be ashamed that you have done absolutely nothing to help feed the one out of every eight children in the US who  currently go to bed hungry every day? Do you think Jesus would be proud that you are so focused on hate when you could be saving children’s lives? Why have you done SQUAT about these desperate starving innocents?” 

Do it in person, by letter, in email or any other way you can think of. Write to TV stations and churches and so on. Make the tactic of distraction fail and at the same time help stop the persecution of the gay community while also helping to improve the lives of thousands if not millions of children. 

Perhaps if enough people do this it might eventually change the world for the better or at least shut up these homophobic bigots. 

I must point out that this post is just my opinion and has nothing to do with this website.

Tags: Christians, Homosexuals, distraction, fundamentalist, right, wing

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's a mystery to me is why, despite all the biological studies that points towards homosexuality being a key figure in evolutionary social, recreational and biological development of our species, do people question it on a free-thinking site?

That's a fucking mystery.
So...... by your definition wolves and rats and chimps and bonobos (and countless others) should not exist either. How very enlightening!

I don't believe in the existence of a soul, whether is be male or female. We are Homo sapiens, we have sex, it is sometimes enjoyable, but should always be enjoyable, no matter with who it is performed. Unfortunately we have overly active brains which get cluttered with cultural mumbo jumbo nonsense and via the process of mimicry, which makes us excellent repositories of knowlegde, unfortunately the evolutionary process of mimicry did not create a filter for stupidity.

So our brains err, constantly, but our bodies do not, or ever so rarily in case of disease.
I didn't say should not exist but would not or perhaps I should say probably would not. I would like to know why people so angrily defend homosexuality when it's really not important. They sound like theists defending their faith. People are what they are and is no business but theirs. My comment was only my thoughts on the subject. I don't think anyone knows for certain that heterosexuality is the norm or not. It just seems logical to assume it is.
Lighten up for goodness sake. This is a discussion and not an argument. Unless you have solid evidence to back up your claims then lets keep it at that.
no, I'm not angry at all, I just want you to open your eyes and see that same-sex sex is very common in the animal kingdom, can you admit to that at least...?

Why do you cling to a religious belief of 0% non hetero sex when you claim to be atheist?

Heterosexuality is not the norm but DOES NOT HAVE EXCLUSIVITY on the practice of sex.
PETER you said:
"I didn't say should not exist but would not or perhaps I should say probably would not. I would like to know why people so angrily defend homosexuality when it's really not important."

Of course its important. Why should people be persecuted because they are homosexual. Imagine if it were the other way around and heterosexuals were persecuted? would you consider that unimportant too.

IF you mean unimportant in the "Who cares what sexual orientation you are you should have the same rights and privileges as anybody else" then thats fine. Perhaps you should clarify?
First of all, assumption and logic, do not go hand in hand. Assumption is a conjecture from anecdotal experience. Seeing as how heterosexual intercourse is how we make more of us, it is a biological necessity. To call it "the norm" however, is to infer that homosexuality is "not normal," and alienates people who are more attracted to those of a similar sex. Not only is it not true, but it opens the door to those who would persecute homosexuals.

If you are going to put baseless conjectures into a "discussion," don't be surprised when they are called out as baseless. There is PLENTY of evidence to suggest that homosexuality has evolved and is normal within human culture based on interactions of other species. However, this site is not a babysitter. Go look it up.

RSS

Forum

What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 13 minutes ago. 24 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 21 minutes ago. 13 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 53 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Virgil 10 hours ago. 65 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service