I've got two: Bill Nye, and Brian Cox.

Bill, because I've had a crush on him since I was about 6 years old. He went from being my favorite kids show host to being on my favorite TV channel, the Science Channel. He's also just awesome.

As for Brian.... well, he's cute, a physicist (always an instant win in my book), and come on! That accent? Mop me off the floor why don't you!

Who are your geeky crushes?

Edit: this whole discussion is awesome. I guess I'm surprised that there are such a variety of crushes, but at the same time I'm not surprised.:)

Views: 992

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This may fall outside the realm of geek crush and more into the growing-up crush category, but I'll go with Winnie Cooper (Danica Mckellar) from The Wonder Years.

On second thought, maybe she should count as a geek crush; she has written 3 math books!

She's definitely a geek. She's a math major summa cum laude.

Ditto to Bill Nye! But also Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) from Stargate Atlantis...math genius, astrophysicist, egotistical.

And maybe it's because I'm a psychology major, but I have a thing for psychologists especially; David Eagleman and my gen psych instructor from this spring (who also took over for my social psych class this fall...hello office hours!) being the two big ones that come to mind.

I will second Brian Cox. I adore him.

As an amusing side note, I just started googling hot male scientists and found this hilarious picture of Phil Plait from a skepdude calendar.

That is awesome! XD
@ Jewelz - Okay, thanks for the best laugh I am going to have today. I really don't think anything is going to top that picture.
Oh what a great laugh!!! Thanks for that!
He is another....Neil DeGrasse Tyson as well, I could go on and on.

I wonder if scientists get telescope envy...

They do... but only after they have taken out a measuring tape to document who has the biggest telescope. ;)

I wonder if scientists get telescope envy...

@ Jennifer - lmao! Oh wow, and I thought nothing was going to top Jewelz's picture of Phil Plait and his erect telescope. We just need to put your caption under that picture and it becomes an ultimate WIN!

Neil deGrasse Tyson. I could listen to him talk for hours and hours and hours...and I have.
Neil deGrasse Tyson. I could listen to him talk for hours and hours and hours...and I have.
@ Alice - Oh, you so totally stole my man. I wanted to put him on this thread, but no matter how hard I tried, I simply could not classify him as a geek lol.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Judith van der Roos 4 minutes ago. 74 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service