Who is really "talking" to Christians and who are Christians really talking to?

"It is of course always best to be led by god, and have him personally whisper into your ear. Only, when it is the devil talking he will tell you he is god, for the devil is a crafty liar. So you never know who is talking to you." - Franz Bibfeldt 

When I read this it really made me think, do Christians take this into consideration? It makes a lot of sense given all the claims about satan being a VERY crafty liar.....What do you guys think about this?

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It makes the voice infallible.  Christian hears a voice, and thinking it is from god they listen to it.  If it turns out to be right or good, it was god's divine word; praise be his name, if it turns out bad or wrong, then it was Satan and you need to ask for forgiveness OR god is teaching you a lesson.  Rinse, Repeat.  Either way, they see it how they want to see it.  Scary ain’t it?

The real question shouldn't be who is talking to them.

But why is someone who hears voices not on medication for their mental illness.

Its true, although I wonder if they are mistaking their own intuitions and mind for "the voice of god and satan" or if the majority of the population have serious mental illness >_< Either way... *shudder*

Well in theistic lingo, god never tempts, so any negative attributes (of-corse) can't be god, it's satan, and a true beleiver would know through prayer (god always provides a way).

If it is a moral question of human action, then that is relative to begin with, so any attrocious act can be justified...there's some good biblical morals....

When you talk to someone who believes faith is more important than facts, presenting him with facts is just presenting him with an opportunity to show his faith can endure disproof, which is why all of the discussions with Christians here serve the Christians more than the atheists. This place is like a feeding trough for Christians seeking to demonstrate their faithfulness.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service