Even though I am English, I still take an interest in American politics. At the moment, I am despairing that all the main players in this election all seem to be anti-gay and anti-abortion. It sickens me that we live in a world where, despite everything, all people are not equal and two millenia old superstitions still have a tight grip in politics. So here is my question:

As an atheist, who do you want as president?

Tags: 2012, GOP, america, bachmann, candidates, election, gingrich, huntsman, paul, perry, More…policies, politics, president, romney, santorum

Views: 1469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For chopping veggies a knife with a rounded point is fine. For boning meat one needs a knife with a point. Just saying.

It is pretty inconvenient. I guess I'm pro-pointed when it comes to UK knife legislation. These, these are the issues we should be addressing.

The problem isn't knives with points, it's people who use them. As with guns, bad people aren't the ones who will obey the law.

Happy mediums. Guns shouldn't be available to civilians unless they prove their case (something along the lines of "I submit to the court that I am qualified, certified, registered, insured, and have undergone psychological evaluation-- because I am too lazy to take up karate"). It's kind of like making people test for drug use before we give them welfare-- it's more effective than the D.A.R.E. program.

I'm for maximal freedom. Bad people will behave badly no matter the law. Leave the rest of us alone.

Oh, relevance.

Maybe all baseball bats should be made of flubber, too, eh?

Pfft.  Cricket bats, please.

So, cricket bats should be lighter than air?!

All knives should be made of dark chocolate and have a blunt tip.

I kinda like this Fred Karger guy.

I've tried although I haven't been very successful at ignoring the current presidential race. Frankly I'm tired of politics and tired of caring about politics and tired of (with very few exceptions) throwing my vote away. All the republican candidates really ought to be institutionalized and Obama isn't anything to be excited about. It's going to be another lesser of two evils vote for me.

Probably Obama but I certainly would consider Newt as I would wait for the debates to decide. For his wacky positions, I believe him to be mostly a panderer so he can win the primary; but he is a very astute historian and intellectual. And we face grave times and need a leader who would be strong on national security, particularly on Iran.

Me

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Erock68la 7 hours ago. 25 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 8 hours ago. 9 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Pope Beanie 9 hours ago. 134 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 17 hours ago. 27 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 6 Comments

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service