Hi Friends!

Few questions I have for you today.

Are you a dem or rep? What lead you to your choice of political affiliation? Your parents? Friends? TV? Radio? 

What influences your thought process?

Do you cringe like I do when you hear political candidates say, "I am a christian."?

I think the rep's just hate Obama because he's black. Yes I said it. 

I do plan on voting for him again. 

My final thoughts are that they are all crooks and liars. 

Tags: obama, vote

Views: 1236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately a two party system is what we have and it is what it is.

There is no such thing as a non-corrupt politician in Washington.  We have the best Congress money can buy.

Having said this, there is no real alternative to voting for the President again.  I can't abide any of the Repblican candidates.  They are either christian nut cases, perverts, or bought and paid for.  The latest revelations about Gingrich make my skin crawl.

I never thought I would say this 4-years ago but President Obama is more rational, tough, and bold on foreign policy than the Republic candidates. The only Republicans with foreign policy credentials in my opinion are Jon Huntsman, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum and Jon Huntsman is the only one who is not a right wing nut and he has no chance at this point...but I never thought I would consider President Obama as tough and resolute on national security and foreign policy which is a (or the) most important issue for me.

"there is no such thing as a non-corrupt politician in Washington"

i couldn't agree more, seems like they're all crooked as a dogs back leg!  unfortunately, you can't please all the people all the time so ANY politician is guaranteed to piss someone off here in america. it's always a choice of lesser evils. our founding fathers warned us about two party systems, turns out they were right.

as of now, im still undecided, but am starting to come around to your way of thinking. obama, at least, doesn't make me nauseous.

I am a registered Independent my parents are Democrats so are most of my friends I watch some TV New on CNN or MSNBC I get most of my news off the internet from news sites. 

What Influences me friends, family, personal experiences, news stories, books, and history.

Yes I cringe when candidates express there faith we will only see real progress in this country when they no  longer feel they have to do that to get elected. When candidates don't have to pander to religious extremist any more to get elected we as a nation will have turned a real corner.

I think the rep's just hate Obama because he's black. I disagree yes the Birther's are racist some tea party members are to but not the whole party for most of them its about policy remember they hated Clinton and Carter too while Democrats hated Bush 1&2 and Reagan and all that was about policy not race.

Yes I will vote for Obama again I don't think I will ever vote for a Republican as I strongly disagree with almost all of there policies and vision for the country. And a few of them down right scare the crap out of me just think how bad it would be for Atheist and Gays if Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry or Sarah Palin ever became President.

I don't really consider myself either republican or democrat, but I tend to vote democrat because they are usually the less moronic of two morons. I'll be voting for Obama because, frankly, the republican nominees all scare the crap out of me and if any of them are elected president, I'm applying for Canadian citizenship.  I would be okay if Jon Huntsman won, but I don't think he has a chance of winning the GOP nomination - he's not batshit crazy enough.

I'm actually a little peeved at what my choices are. I was excited because this will be the first presidential election in which I'm old enough to vote (barely missed the cutoff for eligibility in '09), but now I'm just depressed. It's not about electing the best option, it's about electing the least crappy one.

Its funny I feel the same way about Huntsman I would not vote for him but at least he is a voice or of reason in a sea of insanity.

Personally, If I were to vote, though I choose not to, I would prefer a moderate Republican. They seem to be a little better at managing as a whole. I do not wish to feel responsible for employing these criminals, you may as well sponsor the neighborhood dope dealer. The fact that both parties are associated with religion/atheism, unions/right to work, is evidence that the system is not even remotely close to the ideas the founders had. I am a little offended by the "rep's hate Obama because he's black". That comment proves to me that the terrible attitude is not confined to just republicans. Do any voters ever feel responsible for the garbage going on in politics these days? Looks like the people are the problem to me. Human nature appears more like a curse sometimes.

Well with the majority of this country being Christianity based, we shouldn't ever expect someone running for office who is not Christian to be open about it. Just like the controversy about Obama being Muslim, obviously he would never divulge the truth. I personally am going to vote for Ron Paul, that is if he wins the nominee. He seems to me to be the most consistent out of all the people running, and yes his religious beliefs seem to play a large part in his campaign, but other than that he appears to me to be looking to make a real "change".

I also reject the two-party system, I fall under neither myself, I interpret everything to my own liking.

The main things that influence my thought process are someones consistency and how realistic their goals actually appear. Also whether or not they seem like a ignorant twat *cough*palin*cough*

For the love of god - vote Obama again!

All the republican candidates are incompetent and religious crackpots!

Totally agree.  Obama is the only rational choice.

If Anarchists believed in voting I would vote Anarchy; however, Libertarianism seems to be the political affiliation with the most freedom so I usually vote Libertarian. I don't care that my vote doesn't count for much being outweighed by the two party majority I will always vote to the closest choice of what I want.

In a sophisticated and educated society I truly believe anarchy would work. If you know what is right and wrong why do you need a law to tell you what you already know? In my opinion governments are no different than religions and some governments in my shared opinion are religions.

--------------

Anarchism, then, really stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government.  Anarchism stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals for the purpose of producing real social wealth; an order that will guarantee to every human being free access to the earth and full enjoyment of the necessities of life, according to individual desires, tastes, and inclinations.

- Emma Goldman

Too utopian. There have to be some large-scale institutions, be they governmental or corporate, or an interconnected world of 7 billion people would not be possible.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Forum

Christian to Atheist. My Testimony.

Started by Toby Briggs in Welcome to Think Atheist. Last reply by captain kingsway 13 minutes ago. 1 Reply

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service